I can't Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

libernys

Reaction score
I have an account in the sever lotus, my account name is Goday. I tray today to upload a zip file and the server said me that the file have virus. Then I try to upload a txt file and I received the same message. I have nod32 4.0 updated until today so is difficult that I have virus. Please help me.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Which client you are using to upload files??

Last edited:

libernys

Reaction score
I try with Internet Explore 8 and Firefox 3.5.5. I try using the two ways that cPanel give to upload files.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Try using an FTP client such as filezilla.

Username: your cpanel username
Password: Your cpanel password
Server: yourserver.x10hosting.com --or-- yoursite.co.cc/.exofire.net/.x10hosting.com
Port: 21

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Thanks I will try it now

Hi libernys,

Could you copy and paste here the contents of the .txt file that you are trying to upload? There may be questionable material in there that our servers are detecting that may end up getting you suspended for malware if you upload it via FTP.

- Adam

libernys

Reaction score
Hi Adan Thanks for your alert. What I do was: First I try upload a zip file with some images and then I received a message that the file have virus then I just try to upload a txt file with something like "sdfs" to test and then I received the same message. I don't know why because a txt file can't contain a virus.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hi Adan Thanks for your alert. What I do was: First I try upload a zip file with some images and then I received a message that the file have virus then I just try to upload a txt file with something like "sdfs" to test and then I received the same message. I don't know why because a txt file can't contain a virus.

Hi libernys,

I just tried uploading a file using the cPanel File Manager on a free hosting account on Lotus, and it appears to have accepted it fine, so I don't think it's a problem with our servers. If you continue to receive that message, then you may want to try clearing your browser's cache and try again.

Otherwise, if they're basic non-executable text files or images that are setting off the virus filter, you could probably go ahead and upload the files via FTP, as those files would not set off the malicious content filter during our server scans.

- Adam

libernys

Reaction score
Thanks very much to all your help. All your coments was very useful. I do'nt know why yesterday I had that problem, I test it more that 10 times and always I recieve the same error message. I thing it could be some of the proxys that are between your server and my machine that was making somethig bad. Finally yesterday I upload using FileZilla throw ftp. But today I try to uplad using the cPanel and everything work fine. Thank you very much to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.