I deleted .htaccess file by mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think I found my problem. I deleted my .htaccess files by mistake which is why I can't upload to my public folder. R1Soft Restore Backup is not working. can you please help thank you.

my board is: http://enemy.pcriot.com:2082/frontend/x3/index.html

Please can someone take a look at my site, I don't expect it fixed asap as I know that you must be very busy with all the people you have to help etc.

regards,

Steve

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you using a board dependent on htaccess? I believe the default htaccess file is blank and can be deleted. Also, uploads are not blocked/enabled by htaccess, this only controls http requests and not ftp, CPanel, etc.

Reaction score
When I go into my Web Root (public_html/www) and try to upload something I keep getting this message:

Upload Status
[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]
Can not change into /home/stevenuk/public_html: No such file or directory at cpanel.pl line 3248 Carp::croak('Can not change into /home/stevenuk/public_html: No such file or ...') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 166 Cpanel::Fileman::uploadfiles('dir', '/home/stevenuk/public_html', 'file-IpHeX..jpg-key', 'file1', 'file-IpHeX..jpg', '/home/stevenuk/tmp/Cpanel_Form_file.upload.v8rv9jH3R480iqmf', 'file2', '', ...) called at cpanel.pl line 3248 main::dofileman('uploadfiles()') called at cpanel.pl line 1801 main::exectag('<cpanel Fileman="uploadfiles()">') called at cpanel.pl line 4742 main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4625 main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x93af4e8)') called at cpanel.pl line 4577 main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0x9c0897c)') called at cpanel.pl line 1303
When I click on the message its says:

Can not change into /home/stevenuk/public_html: No such file or directory at cpanel.pl line 3248
Carp::croak('Can not change into /home/stevenuk/public_html: No such file or ...') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 166
Cpanel::Fileman::uploadfiles('dir', '/home/stevenuk/public_html', 'file-IpHeX..jpg-key', 'file1', 'file-IpHeX..jpg', '/home/stevenuk/tmp/Cpanel_Form_file.upload.T9Gg18QqTge8SRaB', 'file2', '', ...) called at cpanel.pl line 3248
main::dofileman('uploadfiles()') called at cpanel.pl line 1801
main::exectag('<cpanel Fileman="uploadfiles()">') called at cpanel.pl line 4742
main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4625
main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x93af4e8)') called at cpanel.pl line 4577
main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0xa28097c)') called at cpanel.pl line 1303
I have even tried creating a Discussion Boards in fantastico using phpBB and got this message:

Warning: fopen(/home/stevenuk/public_html/fantastico_fileslist.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 174

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 177

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 177

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 179
1) File: /home/stevenuk/public_html/config.php [ERROR! ]
2) File: /home/stevenuk/public_html/data.sql [ERROR! ]

Warning: file(/home/stevenuk/public_html/fantastico_fileslist.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Not a directory in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1238964131.215158vxkweKgJT on line 1536

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1238964131.215158vxkweKgJT on line 1537
All I want to do is host a forum board for me and my clan members, but nothing works.

I am sure someone from x10hosting can help and maybe fix my problem, I will just have to sit back and wait. its just frustrating when your exited to get your forums up :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account wasn't created correctly, I'd guess.

Can not change into /home/stevenuk/public_html: No such file or directory

Either you don't have write access to your public_html or it doesn't exist. Try selecting your public_html folder in cpanel and "change permissions." mine is 750 and I haven't changed it since I opened my account, so I'm guessing that is what yours should be.

Reaction score
When I go to Cpanel/legacy file manager/Web Root (public_html/www) there are no files inside.

I don't tink I have a public_html folder.

I looked in file manager/Home Directory and all I see is (/home/stevenuk) and a temp folder underneath it.

I don't know what to do :dunno:.

Reaction score
You said in a previous thread that you couldn't login to the support area and you paid for hosting? Is that with a different forum account, because all forum accounts have to be linked to hosting accounts and the forum account you're posting with has no hosting account connected to it.

Have you tried using the FILE MANAGER (NOT, legacy file manager) - you should be uploading your files to public_html either way.

Reaction score
Hi Martin,

yes I am paying for hosting but can't log into to the support area. my Cpanel name and login was the same as my forums account but I am unable to sign in with that username. so I am using this is one. I can pm you the pass for my premium cpanel and username account if you need confirmation.

Thank you all for your time and for helping me, I appreciate it very much.

I will try again. I am new to all this hmtl etc lol.

Reaction score
Hi Martin,

Are you saying that I should be able to log in on the forums here with the same username and password as the Cpanel account I am paying for?

If so I have tried that and it does not work. I am sorry if I am making things sound more confusing that I need to, all I am looking for is help.

Here is the username for the paid account Cpanel I log into is: stevenuk

Martin I do appreciate your help and any help I get, please do not think otherwise.

Regards,

Steve

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Right, some of what Martin has said won't apply to you, as Paid hosting is organised slightly differently. You Forum account and hosting account do not have to be linked.
Can you remember the username and password you used when you order your paid hosting account?
You will need to login here: https://clients.x10hosting.com/clientarea.php The username and password may be different from your Forum or Hosting account details. You should have received an e-mail when your bought your hosting with your login details for the client area.
If you don't know your password for the client area you can request one here: https://clients.x10hosting.com/passwordreminder.php

Once you have logged into the client area you will need to submit a support ticket, then an Admin will assist you. Only Admins have access to the Paid hosting servers, so they are the only people who can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.