I HATE Hp

dsfreak

Reaction score
God, this might very well be the worst computer I have ever owned, why? Simple. No matter how much money I blow on it, how many times I call and badger HP's "professional" tech support. Bull S&%$ ..... it never gets fixed! It worked for maybe a month, brand new, bought straight from Hp through Best Buy, and it nearly NEVER worked. Let me tell you, I have reset that computer 3-4 times (at the direction of HP's "pro" tech support, it would "fix" my computer, as they said) in under a year! So, let me tell you what is wrong, and see if you guys can save me a few hundred $$$... Anyhow, after I got it, about a month after, I was on the net, and WHAM! went to blue screen, said some wierd stuff, and restarted, I sent the error to Microsoft, and they told me it was a device driver, when I hadn't even installed anything except AOL! Fast forward, and it happens everyday at least one time... so finally I reset it again (for the foruth time!!!!) and everything works for the last couple of weeks.... then, lo and behold, it did it again(blue scree3n)!!!!!!! So it restarts, and before windows can even start up... it did the blue screen again, before windows could even start up... so it restarts, and loads windows, but instead of going to the welcome/log in screen , it just sits with the windows thing with its trademarked blue background and it says windows XP, and sits.... I left it on for 5 hours, and it never even moved!!!! So, now, I cant use it, so what do you guys advise me to do? Thanks..... Sorry for the long post

dsfreak

Reaction score
No, I haven't used a destructive recovery, what is that? I will consider taking it to Geek Squad, how much does that cost?

nicholas

Reaction score
dsfreak said:
No, I haven't used a destructive recovery, what is that? I will consider taking it to Geek Squad, how much does that cost?

Before you do that, has your pc's warranty expired already?

n4tec

Reaction score
Why not try the NON-Destructive RECOVERY method below?

NON-Destructive RECOVERY

* Set your Bios so that the first boot device is the CD-Rom
* Place your recovery disc one into the top drive.
* Restart or start up your computer.
* Press “R” for Recovery Options
* Default is “Non-Destructive System Recovery”
* Click Next
* Click "Yes" to continue with recovery
* When finished remove CD and press Reboot
* Follow Windows XP welcome and Registration Screen.
* Windows is now recovered.

*4*

izmaelis

Reaction score
I bought my HP ze4910us from best buy too and it works fine for about 6 months already. I don't think that it is bad to buy a computer from reseller cause warranty comes anyway.
It's kinda hard to say what's the problem with your PC after what you have described here. It can be software fault, but I would go with hardaware fault this time. I think that something is wrong with motherboard.
Anyway, use I offer you to use warranty. It comes handy in situations like this.

dsfreak

Reaction score
Well, I have a 3 yr warranty from HP, but I also have a warranty (it expired) from HP. Thanks.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
This is why I buy all my computers from Dell ;) Dell makes awesome computers, and I would never buy from anyone else lol

n4tec

Reaction score
I like Dell computers!!! what about toshiba???

*4*

nicholas

Reaction score
Tyler said:
This is why I buy all my computers from Dell ;) Dell makes awesome computers, and I would never buy from anyone else lol

I dont think so. Dell is just average :shaun:

Btw i use Toshiba Tecra :happy:

n4tec

Reaction score
I have just look up Toshiba Tecra and it looks nice!!!

*4*

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yeah get only Dell and Sonys!!!! they are the best!!!! Also I think that you are screwed! If I can take a look at it might be able to fix it, but....

izmaelis

Reaction score
nforchange said:
I like Dell computers!!! what about toshiba???
If we are talking about gigh quality notbooks then yes, Toshiba is one of the best. A friend of mine works as a technician, who repairs various brand or barebone laptops, and he says that Toshiba is #1.
But don't think that there are any Toshiba desktops on the market right now. Dell, HP, eMachines these companies produce both.
BTW, I don't think that HP is so bad after all.

n4tec

Reaction score
@ Auvee:

I think you asking me.... I started using them one day and i became addicted the next day...... So i cannot help it!!!! Oops????

*4*

Matt

Reaction score
all i can say is DONT GO TO GEEKSQUAD! they charge about 20-25 even if they dont do anything.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yeah I know I like Circuit Citys IQ team they are the masters at these things like me!

Matt

Reaction score
the best is a local computer store. they usually have less customers and terfore more time to find out what the customer needs.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yup! That is true. But if you give it to people like IQ Squad and they do it wrong you can sue them!

Last edited: