I have 1 of the corrupted Starka accounts. Can I move my WordPress or is that lost 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsto17

Reaction score
I have one of the corrupted Starka accounts. Can I move my WordPress or is that lost too?

I uploaded Wordress using the MySQL thing, can I just set up hosting somewhere else now and call on my wordpress files by logging in my username and password, or was x10 storing my wordpress data for me too and has that also been lost???

Can someone who knows how these things work shed a bit of light on this matter for me?

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
Re: I have 1 of the corrupted Starka accounts. Can I move my WordPress or is that los

Is your account opening????

Starka is removed now and accounts of starka are transferred to other servers

Last edited:

jsto17

Reaction score
Re: I have 1 of the corrupted Starka accounts. Can I move my WordPress or is that los

My site canot be found when I go on my url. I cannot access cPanel and when I log in here it says I do not have an account associated with my username.

So I'd go with no, I cannot access it, as far as i'm aware.

Picard1595

Reaction score

It sounds like you need to submit a support ticket as we can't help you here, as its not within our abilities. The support ticket system is probably very busy at the moment so it may be a while.

http://support.x10hosting.com/

zen-r

Reaction score

I'm not going to attempt to answer your question, jsto17, because I know how fussy you are about getting exact & useful answers. ;)

But I do know that it sounds like your accounts aren't linked any more, which can only be fixed by staff via a Support ticket. I know you have been pursuing that method for a week already, but I thought I'd draw your attention to the fact (in case you had possibly missed it) that all tickets have now been closed. So you'll need to re-open your ticket if you want staff to (eventually!) deal with it.

As for restoring your back-ups, staff should be able to (if the data was lost during the transfer), but in light of Corey's recent post, there is now a question mark hanging over even that.

I'm sure you've read the posts which I'm referring to, but in case you haven't, I'm attaching my standard footnote for you, below ;

Sorry to post the following here if it doesn't help you, but a lot of people haven't spotted the lastest important News posts yet ;

Link1 ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98947-backup-issues.html

Link2 ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98910-high-resource-usage.html

Link3 ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98836-update-6-22-09-a.html

These may answer some of your questions.

Regularly check the News & Service Alerts sections for more Updates like those.

Please Note
: The staff are getting flooded with Support tickets during the server upgrade work, which is being done to provide for x10's long-term future.

• Read the forum for help & avoid submitting a ticket unless you really have to.
  • Please be patient & wait - they will get to you eventually. Don't "bump" your Support ticket, because that will put it to the back of the queue again.
  • Corey has warned that people submitting frivolous, rude or multiple tickets may get banned from the Support system.
  • Unfortunately, because of the ticket spamming, there has been need in the past to close all tickets - both the frivolous and the important ones. Therefore it is important to regularly check the status of your ticket, & if necessary re-open it if it gets closed.

Remember that this is a free service, supported by an active & unpaid community of staff & other x10 members (myself being one of them!) :)

jsto17

Reaction score

Although I did know the tickets were closed and have opened a fresh one I do find your responses the best out of those who attempt to help people in the forums.

Thanks for your detailed response, keep up the good work, anyone who posts in this forum with a problem should consider themselves lucky if they receive a helping hand from yourself.

I tried to send you some reputation, but it says I have to "spread around" some more reputation before sending you some again, shame your basically the only person who has actually helped me since i've been posting hey lol

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score

Thanks for your kind words!

To be fair to people, though, everyone is trying to help when they post. The problem we have is that we are either still learning as we go ourselves (so our answers are guesswork or sometimes even wrong) or that we can only know what information gets reported on this site in News Updates & other threads (so we are a bit limited in what help we can provide).

Also, the person asking the question is often quite deficient or ambiguous in the info they give us, or sometimes completely unintelligible!!

I agree though, that the posters also don't always do a good job in actually reading the question properly before attempting to give their answer.

So perhaps we should all pull our socks up a bit! ;)

jsto17

Reaction score

Not trying to sound too phylosophical but I think some people who are helping on the forums are doing so because they want to feel good about helping someone, or look good for helping someone, rather than actually wanting to help someone for the sake of that someone alone.

Its the whole "there's no selfless good dead" argument.

It's those people who aren't, in most cases, being any help at all.

The only people who that helps are those who are too lazy to read the news updates, which in my opinion, don't deserve to be helped anyway.

The only reason they should maybe be helped is because if they're wasting our time with questions, then hopefully they havent wasted the support ticket staff with the questions, leaving them more time to answer questions that are worthy of their time. However those stupid enough to ask stupid questions 9 times out of 10 are those sort of people who have more than likely already sent multiple tickets and are simply impatient and incompitent. Which further shortens the reason to help these people in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.