I have an idea! To do with posting in introduction area!

randomize

Reaction score
hey,

we have been discussing this in another post but admin thought we were goin off topic, so I decided to create this thread!

I feel you should get points for posting in the introduction area, however, this should be regulated!

you get less points than anywhere else in the forum!

Im going on the idea that "A post is a post" and that you should still get points for it!

Please post feed back on this!

Regards,
Randomize

monky91

Reaction score
But most of the guys, just poost [welcome] and get point? Thats count as spam.

randomize

Reaction score
hence why it would be regulated, such as it had to be a few sentances long or something!

monky91

Reaction score
But what can you say there, always

[ welcome you to x10 !!! ]

or

[ Welcome you here, I hope you enjoy our services? ]

Thats boring.

randomize

Reaction score
More than that, but the person writing the introduction should write more about themselves!

Regards,
Randomize

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think you should not get points for posting in there.. it pritty much is spam that we let you get away with to welcome new members in.

I beleive you do get points for creating your first topic in that forum. But that should be it. I think it should stay the way it is.

monky91

Reaction score
I agree with Phil, new member maybe can get 1 point if he/she write the 1st topic.

Cynical

Reaction score
The introductions forum really doesn't "accomplish" anything, so why should people earn points for posting there? If points WERE offered there, we'd get 20+ "Welcome to x10" replies, which really doesn't help anybody out.

Perhaps if the person creating their topic wrote say 1000+ characters they get a point or two, but certainly nothing for the welcomers.

Last edited:

randomize

Reaction score
I just thought it might be good idea, perhaps like an incentive, post a decent intro and earn points!

I don't know!

Jacob

Reaction score
I've already spoken out against this in previous threads. I don't think you should get any amount of points for posting in the introduction thread, nor do I think your post count should increase. Posts in that forum are pretty much thoughtless and don't have much point. I think it would be a waste of forum points. As a staff member, I try and greet members in the intro forum as much as I can, simply because I feel it is my duty as a staff member. I don't think, however, that my post count or point values should increase because I'm not giving any thought or point to the forums, I am simply greeting a member.

jensen

Reaction score
Would agree that points should not be given to welcome new members. Always felt the genuineness of the welcome here at x10 because people do not get points for welcoming new members but they still do anyway. So you know that the welcome post was genuine and not because they wanted some points.

You can also buy points from time to time. The last I read was the sale for 1000 points which cost USD1.