I keep forgetting to log in here once a month

manilenio42

Reaction score
I keep forgetting that I need to log in here once a month. My account got suspended as a result. Ah well haha. Thanks for removing the suspension immediately though! Happy new year!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick side-note: there was a recent TOS change that would likely interest you with regards to inactivity:

7. Inactivity
Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 14 day period and then removed from our servers (terminated). All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting Account Portal located at https://x10hosting.com/portal/ at least once every 30 days. Accounts must have a working website within 1 week.

With the change to the new ticket system, we opted to remove the sign-in requirement for the forums and change it to the account portal since users tickets don't end up on the forums anymore :)

Just an FYI; chances are this'll actually make it easier to avoid inactivity since a good chunk of our members access cPanel via the button on their account portal :)

maisoui

Reaction score
With the change to the new ticket system, we opted to remove the sign-in requirement for the forums and change it to the account portal since users tickets don't end up on the forums anymore :)
How amazing! I'd have thought that the log-in-to-forum requirement was to force members to see ads. I don't see any ads on the portal.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
It was more to force them to read the recent news and announcements, and to check on our ticket system to see if any issues they had have been asked and resolved by someone else so we don't get the same ticket 200 times when a service goes down. There might be other reasons, but those were the main ones from my understanding.