I need a book cover -- and I'm paying

David

IRC: For Cool People!
Reaction score
Okay, some of you may or may not know, depending on whether or not you've been hanging out in IRC much, that I've been writing a book for almost two years now. I'm finally cracking down on myself and am working my butt off to get everything I have penned out typed up. I hope to go to press by the end of the year, maybe a little later, preferably sooner, but I won't sacrifice quality.

I've decided to turn first to the x10 community because I know there are a ton of talented artists here. I hope you guys (and girls, I'm not sexist) can create something that will embody the image that has been in my head for over a year now.

Let me begin by saying I want something that looks real, nothing that looks like anime or a cartoon or anything like that, I want this to look almost like a photograph, if not exactly like a photograph.

The exact details of what I'm looking for will be disclosed once I decide who will actually be receiving contract to make the image in my mind a reality. The reason being the artist will receive information about the book that is not yet public and won't be until after release, this information will be disclosed under strict confidentiality. I'm also not going to discuss too many details as far as compensation right now, that matter will be handled at an appropriate time. Naturally the artist will have their name in the appropriate places within the book.

Right now, I want interested parties to upload samples of their work to this thread that they feel best embody their talent wherein their ability to create something that looks real, and almost photographic. All samples should be placed in this thread, do not PM me.

All art must be your own work, and your own property. Further, should you be hired the final image provided by you should not have been published in any way in whole or in part in any other media including a Web page. (Essentially I'm buying first rights from you.) I am not buying your copyright, you will retain that, however I do intend to purchase first rights for the work from you as well as full rights to use the image on my this particular work, as well as on any promotional items or campaigns, further details will be provided to the artist chosen for the position.

Finally, I'm not going to contact each of you to say whether or not you've gotten the position. And please, even though many of you are very talented, this is something I've been working on for a very long time now, I'm rather picky about the details, right down to the typeset, so do not be offended if I don't choose you, I'm looking for a certain quality that I'm not even sure of myself yet.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, I feel like I've forgotten something. Do not spam this thread, only post here if you're genuinely interested in the job.

haxer666

Reaction score
Raindropsonthespiderswebbyhaxer666.jpg

Hi, you didn't explain what kind of image would you like so I've uploaded one of my recent ones.

After rain I was walking through forest near my home and have hoticed unusual thing, rain drops stooped by spiders web sparkling in light blue colors.

David

IRC: For Cool People!
Reaction score
Ahh, yes that's very beautiful, I should have mentioned the necessity of human form, the image on the cover will be that of a human.