I need a video capture software

nandifamily

Reaction score
Hello guys. I need a software that can capture video from any capture device connected to my PC. I have a tape based video camcorder. The only way I can transfer video out of it is by a USB port. There is no firewire option. When I connect it to my PC, it shows up as a capture device.

The software must have the following features:
It should be light. I dont require the soft to have any video edit function. It should occupy very little space when installed.
It should output video in a very convenient format, that gives best quality at minimum bitrate. MP4 format is okay for me.

I hope you guys can suggest me something.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
See if VirtualDub will work for you. It's a nice standalone program that only uses a couple Megabytes of disk space. It only saves video as AVI, but in it's File Menu it can capture video coming from any capture device registered on the system. To go with VirtualDub, I suggest the x264vfw codec, which is a nice codec for both Standard Definition and High Definition video and compresses nicely into the AVI container.

Last edited:

sluthra

Reaction score
Give us the model number of your camera. Most likely if it has USB port it probably came with software to download the video off the camera. You can also try nero import, worked for me back in the day when i had a USB camera.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Powerful and have options.
Has forums where you find people share the same.
Contact one to test it out yourself.
I donot recommend warez though.Use trail version first before proceeding further.
http://www.bensoftware.com/btv/