I need help getting my email set up on Windows Live Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

serena42

Reaction score
I installed Windows Live Mail from Microsoft Essentials 2012 and I need help on how to set up my email to work in Windows Live Mail.

Here's what I have:

Mail Server Username: serena+serenaswebsite.tk
Incoming Mail Server: mail.serenaswebsite.tk
Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) absolut.x10hosting.com
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.
serenaswebsite.tk (server requires authentication) port 25
Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) absolut.x10hosting.com (server requires authentication) port 465
Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols:
SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

Can someone provide a tutorial or help me figure out how to do this? Thank you.

I basically need to know what to put for Server Type (POP or IMAP) and Authenticate using (Clear Text, Secure Password Authentication, Authenticated POP [APOP]).

Last edited:

lnxx10bz

Reaction score
IMAP will sync changes to the server, whereas POP just downloads the mail from the server to your client. You can use Secure Password Authentication for outgoing.

serena42

Reaction score
Thank you for specifying the differences between IMAP and POP. Which one would you recommend I use? It also said I could not log in using Secure Password Authentication. I am able to get on using Clear Text, but it doesn't show the email on Windows Live Mail.

For username, do I use my login username for my cPanel? I typed a username and I got an error with Windows Live Mail.

Last edited:

lnxx10bz

Reaction score
Thank you for specifying the differences between IMAP and POP. Which one would you recommend I use? It also said I could not log in using Secure Password Authentication. I am able to get on using Clear Text, but it doesn't show the email on Windows Live Mail.

For username, do I use my login username for my cPanel? I typed a username and I got an error with Windows Live Mail.

I prefer IMAP.

For your login, you should use emailaccount+emaildomain.com. cPanel requires the plus sign instead of @ when logging into the e-mail account.

jjordan69

Reaction score
In cPanel click on [ Email Accounts ] NOT [ Webmail ] then at the account you want .. under [ Actions ] select [ More ] then click on [ Configure Email Client ]

webbrewe

Reaction score
Not sure about 2012 but the last version of WLM had an option to select http as the protocol, which would configure pop accounts for you so you don't have to enter anything. If you're okay with pop, that's the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.