i need help with indexes

Status
Not open for further replies.

iflasher

Reaction score
ok i have moved from 741 because it is way too stinkin stupid and overflowing with ads. When i moved here i emidietly up loaded all the files i had (in a folder called /). Then i thought i had everything done but when i went to check the site it wuz just a page with a list of files/folders. can someone pls help me?:nuts::nuts::nuts::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Err the only reason you would see folders and pages is if you don't have an index.html page/file.. have you created an index.html file?

Indymaynard

Reaction score
I have something similar and yet so different happening to me. I have my site set up as it always has been, but it says that I don't have a page set up there. It won't go to the index page. It's been about a week or so since this started, and I just can't figure it out on my own. Weird.

omnirom

Reaction score
You need to upload all your files, with the index.html or index.php, in the www or public_html directory, not the root ( / )directory.

Indymaynard

Reaction score
Yeah, I have that done. It seems to me that the www link (the link that takes you to the public_html folder) is corrupt or something. Again, this has worked for me since I signed up for the site, but recently, everything just quit. I haven't altered the directory structure or anything. My index.html file is in the public_html folder and it links to files in that same directory and some subdirectories.

wasif

Reaction score
well i guess u can try redirecting your site to the index.html file

Status
Not open for further replies.