I need help with installing my website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt122004

Reaction score
is that a question or remark? Could someone please fix it for me. I need to get working on adding stuff to the PORTAL. Thanks.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
there is an internal server error. what are you using, php-nuke, mambo or a forum???

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Patience!!!! why dont your re-install mambo

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
Tyler said:

I was getting the same error with mambo and other scripts pre-installed or uploaded. Reinstalling didnt help. CHMOD 755 didnt help. I jsut gave up when i got phpBB working. e107 worked for about half an hour, then died.

I think something's going on over at the servers.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Dark.Cobra said:
Tyler said:

I was getting the same error with mambo and other scripts pre-installed or uploaded. Reinstalling didnt help. CHMOD 755 didnt help. I jsut gave up when i got phpBB working. e107 worked for about half an hour, then died.

I think something's going on over at the servers.
Well My friend wanted mambo and the same exact thing happened to him, So what I did was delete that mysql database that mambo was installed on and then through ftp got rid of all the mambo files, and lastly I installed mambo again and it worked.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Chmodding has fixed this in every occurence so far, you have to make sure you actually do it. It's been atleast 5 times people have told me they've done it but when I go in and check it's not. You can usually use an FTP client to CHMOD or you can use your file manager located in cPanel.
-Corey

Matt122004

Reaction score
I'm very stupid, please do it for me. I'm good with everything but this. Please do it for me.

I

iVision

Matt122004 said:
I'm very stupid, please do it for me. I'm good with everything but this. Please do it for me.

It is very simple. What FTP program are you using? Or are you using File Manager in cPanel?

nicholas

Reaction score
Matt122004 said:

Being stupid is not an excuse. You must learn to do it yourself if not you will never fully learn and enjoy the joys and satisfaction of building your own website. Besides using FTP, you can go to your cpanel, file manager, pick the folder/file that you need to CHMOD, on the right top corner, click change permission, tick or untick the box required. Remember to save it if not it will not take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.