I need the right proxy for Internet Explorer 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

realstylish200523

Reaction score
Since I have been barred from accessing my website and webmails and advised to go through a proxy,please I will like to know the right proxy for internet explorer 8 and where to download it online.I have been searching since yesterday to no avail.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Why have you been barred? What makes you think that?

realstylish200523

Reaction score
I was told by Anna that IP addresses from my country were barred from accessing the free hosting service and that the only way I could access my website was through proxy.That was why I asked for which proxy is most suitable for internet explorer 8 and where I can get it online.
Please help me if you can.Thank you.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A proxy isn't something you install on your computer -- it's a server that you go through to get to another server. Your IP address is something that's assigned to your computer when you connect to the network, and as long as your requests are coming directly from your internet service provider, it's going to have a "poison" IP address. You need to go indirectly -- you make a request to a server in a different country, and it makes a request on your behalf using its own IP address (one that isn't banned), then sends the response it gets to you.

You will often see these services listed as "anonymizers". A word of warning here -- not all free proxy server (or free anonymizers) play nice. They're often a way to gather your personal data (usernames, passwords, email accounts, and so on) while making you feel happy about it. Before you decide to use a proxy service, do a bit of investigation to see if it might be a scam in a fancy package.

Status
Not open for further replies.