I think my htaccess file got deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmixmaster29

Reaction score
I installed W3 Total Cache on my Wordpress installation to try and prevent my account from being suspended again due to high resource usage.

As per its instructions I needed to change permissions on my .htaccess file to enable browser caching on users browsers. I went into filezilla to do it and got:

HTML:
Status:	Set permissions of '/public_html/.htaccess' to '777'
Command:	SITE CHMOD 777 .htaccess
Response:	550 CHMOD 777 .htaccess: Operation not permitted

Since then, I have not been able to find my .htaccess file in the public_html folder. I CTRL-SHIFT Refreshed my site and got:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Not sure what to do. My site is http://gotdocs.co.cc/ and no it is not a pirating/file sharing site.

cPanel Username: jmix101
Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Anyone? D:

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

I had to reinstall Wordpress again. It fixed it. Closing now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.