I think my web site is goofed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentFX

Reaction score
I set up my x10hosting account this evening... I think that's when then problem started...

I got three error message emails like this...

Code:
This email is being sent to notify you that the hosting account 
that you have signed up for has not been created, due to an error 
which occurred during the creation process.

The error that occurred was: 
[CENTER]Whm error: the username supplied already exists. (code create_1)[/CENTER]

The error that occurred can most likely be resolved by signing up again 
for a hosting account here: [URL]http://x10hosting.com/hosting/signup[/URL]

If you keep receiving this error, please post on our [URL="http://forums.x10hosting.com"]forums[/URL] 
for support or forward this email to [email]support@x10hosting.com[/email].

And as it suggested... I tried again twice using the same username(the sign up still claimed the username was available)

The third time it went through, but apparently it didn't properly connect to my forum account, because I had to monkey with 3 rounds of user/pword dialogs and finally that seems straightened out. Atleast I can log into the web account information, and can log in here.

The site (bentfx.elementfx.com) is shown in the account info but I can't log into the control panel, and going to the site shows the domain name as available.

I may have made matters worse, because I sent my domain (bentfx.com) to the ns1/ns2.x10hosting.com nameservers, and changed the account to use my domain name... When it had gone about 20 minutes without propagating the changes, i decided to cut my loses and first deal with the bentfx.elementfx.com subdomain, control panel issues, and I changed it back.

Both times the account information page updated properly, and retained the settings through logout/in.

I'm generally non-technical, but if I was to guess... I think it's boogered.

Any help is appreciated.

BentFX

Last edited:

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
dns server changes can take upto 48 hours before the rest of the internet will see the change.

kajasweb

Reaction score
Issue solved. I'm closing this thread now. If you have any issues, please re-open this or create a new Thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.