I transfered a domain. What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myscranton

Reaction score
I have transferred a domain for Webs.com to x10hosting. I am a free user. I am also registered in the client area and currently own two doamins. The first one was easy because I just registered a new domain and it was applied to my free account. I do not know how to put this new domain with my other account. Can someone explain?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You have beautifulscranton.com as your main domain for your x10hosting account.

You are moving atleastwearenotpittsburgh.com to your account.

Do you want them to be separate sites? Or do you want them to be the exact same site?

Exact same site: add atleastwearenotpittsburgh.com as a parked domain.

Different sites: add atleastwearenotpittsburgh.com as an add-on domain. You will put the content for that site in a subdirectory of public_html.

myscranton

Reaction score
I think my post was confusing, let me try to clarify.

I have one client area account with two domains. I have two sepearte free accounts. One has the one domain. The other free account has a x10hosting subdomain and I cannot figure out how to put my second domain into the second free account.

I own wbspensfansite.net
I own my-scranton.com (I want to add that to what is currently myscranton.x10hosting.com)

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I have one client area account with two domains. I have two sepearte free accounts.

That just got even more confusing. Unless you mean that you only have one free account with two domains attached to it. In that case, the advice from above still applies as an answer to your problem.

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

This thread its confused.
Our CLIENT Area its ONLY for PAID services, so i think that you have two FREE accounts, i'm right?
Okay, if i'm right, please let me know the TWO cPanel Usernames thath you have, i would let you know that we only allow ONE account by person, this means that you need to decide wich account want to keep or BOTH accounts be suspended in the future.

myscranton

Reaction score
Alright, I didn't realize that. Could I add a subdomain to one of my free accounts and put my second domain onto that?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes you may, you simply need to configure your main domain in the account management panel, and subdomains, parked domains and addon domains in cPanel.

- xav0989

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes you may, you simply need to configure your main domain in the account management panel, and subdomains, parked domains and addon domains in cPanel.

- xav0989

As per the information by punk. He has the two adfree accounts. First he has to answer for that, Which one he wants to keep.

myscranton

Reaction score
Alright. I would like you to delete myscranton.x10hosting.com please. Now could someone tell me how I can add my new domain as an addon domain to my wbspensfansite.net?
Edit:
One moe thing. I have transferred my domain (my-scranton.com) to x10hosting. I am trying to add it as an addon domain to my account but it says the domain is in use by another user. But I own it. What is wrong?

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
myscranton said:
. I have transferred my domain (my-scranton.com) to x10hosting. I am trying to add it as an addon domain to my account but it says the domain is in use by another user. But I own it. What is wrong?

DNS lookup shows that they still list freewebs.com as the name servers. You have to tell your registrar to point to x10's nameservers. [Ok, now shows pointing to x10 ]

(With a name like Orr, one would think you would be a Bruins fan).

Last edited:

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello again,

myscranton, i can see that you have only ONE free account with us, the other one is in another server.
So, you need to setup the DNS with your domain provier, to point the NS of your domain (my-scranton.com) to x10hosting:
Use:
ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com
Then:

A) If you want to setup it like main domain (you'll lost http://myscranton.x10hosting.com) you can change it in you Account Panel (x10hosting.com/panel.php)

B) Or, if you want to add it like parked/addon domain, check this cPanel documentation:
http://twiki.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/CpanelDomains
http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/ParkedDomains
http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/AddonDomains

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.