I want to create subdomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilal855

Reaction score
I purchased a domain name and i want a subdomain name to be hosted on my X10hosting account. only subdomain to be hosted here. please tell me the settings for this.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Ok, let me try to understand this, and get you going..

You bought a domain name, like google.com and you want the sub-domain to point to your x10 site, not the whole domain, i.e. blah.google.com to point to your site? If so, there is 2 ways to do this:
GO to the site who hosts your domain and look for a place to modify records and add either one of these:
A Record
SUBDOMAIN A <IPAddress.of.x10.server.your.on>
When doing this, you'll need to go into either "parked domains" in cPanel and add it, or login to www.x10hosting.com/account and change the domain name there

Or, more easily you can do this:

CNAME Record

SUBDOMAIN CNAME myname.x10hosting.com

NO additional steps are required for this, as it just forwards your visitors to your x10 domain.

bilal855

Reaction score
Yes i created it with parked domains.

I created
SUBDOMAIN = links.fusionhost.biz
DOCUMENT ROOT=public_html/links
REDIRECTION = http://fusionhost.x10hosting.com/links/links.php/

But the subdomain is not working. It opens the default search engine when i type it in the address bar. but if you try
http://fusionhost.x10hosting.com/links/links.php/
it is working.

Moreover i tried to create it with CNAME but i dont know that What should be written in HOST and what should be written in ADDRESS?

kajasweb

Reaction score
1. Add an A Record for links.fusionhost.biz pointing to 74.86.116.190

2. Remove the re-direction and place
Code:
DirectoryIndex links.php
in your .htaccess for links directory.

Last edited:

bilal855

Reaction score
I cant place DirectoryIndex links.php in my .htaccess for links directory. it doesnt show me option to place. How to place. Please tell me

kajasweb

Reaction score
Oh!..

Just create a file with name .htaccess and place that line in it.

- You should have that .htaccess file in your links directory.

Last edited:

bilal855

Reaction score
I am unable to create a file with name .htaccess because when i try to create it the Frontpage, Notepad, MS Word says that filename is invalid. Please tell me a more simpler method. I want to point the subdomain name links.fusionhost.biz to fusionhost.x10hosting.com/links/links.php i have already parked the domain name, and have set the A records as you told earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.