I want to say Thank you!!! Goodbye 000webhost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ34

Reaction score
Looking for a free server to host your first ever forums you sure don't expect much. You start out small, learn and as you grow you are more than happy to pay to make sure you have the room and things you need. I certainly would not give money to anyone's free service that did not even work.

Well, I found out that free means little memory to use the package manager for SMF (Simple Machine Forums) X10 told me I had 64M to work with, which should be enough to use the package manager. 000 Webhost also says they give you 64M but that is a good day when the moon is full and the ground hog has just seen his shadow. It's a lie, It's out of memory allocated at about half of what they said. (It worked twice only)

Well I signed up here and expected the same thing, I started to think that if people are giving it away free, then they feel that being dishonest and wasting lots of time for us new guys is pretty OK. (A complete noob just scratches their head as to why things don't work)

Not only did x10 have a site to install SMF for me, but it installed a package without the white screen of death or out of allocated memory error.
I don't know what else to say, I am impressed and can now concentrate on actually making the forums.

Mike.

binil

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.. Its nice to see that you got what you wished for here at x10..

Status
Not open for further replies.