I will remove the twitter client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wengxufeng23

Reaction score
Please don't suspend my account.I will soon remove the client.I didn't know that twitter client is not allowed.I still need this hosting . Thank you.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The suspension falls under zero tolerance policy, So your account remains suspended.

wengxufeng23

Reaction score
The suspension falls under zero tolerance policy, So your account remains suspended.

I checked Terms of Service of the free hosting.But I don't see any policy that says I can't put a twitter client here.So I think that is ok.
Now ,I know that is not allowed.
And I never tell others that I have a client.I just use the client myself .Sometimes I do some test and figure some wrong thing.
Please.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Read your suspension reason closely: Script Hosting.

To quote part of the TOS:

* Script Hosting: Space provided by x10Hosting is to be used to create a functional website, we do not allow bots, content scrapers, or any other script that runs continuously on your account. Any scripts that are executed via cron or manually must be directly related to your website.

There's no reason to have a twitter client running. It has no purpose for creating a website - it's a chat client. Dunno if Twitter uses mysql on that particular client but if it does it also falls under:

* Shoutbox\Chat Scripts: Use of these scripts is strictly forbidden due to the amount of MySQL queries they take. Accounts found with chat scripts or shoutboxes will be suspended.

wengxufeng23

Reaction score

From now on, I will never put a twitter client here.
So, can you please let me use the free hosting again.

Another question, is a twitter api allowed?
Of course it will not be used by more than 3 twitter accounts.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The account is permanently suspended which means we -cant- unsuspend it :/

The API itself would be allowed, however it also depends what you're doing with it.

wengxufeng23

Reaction score
The account is permanently suspended which means we -cant- unsuspend it :/

The API itself would be allowed, however it also depends what you're doing with it.

Wow,your replies are really fast ! Thank you for your reply.

The API is used like a proxy . In China,we can't access twitter.So we need a proxy.
I know ,if an API proxy is used by many accounts, it costs a lot of resources.

My english is poor ,can you understand me?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I can understand it just fine; far as I know the twitter API itself would be fine, but it always boils down to what's being done with it.

Hosting a twitter client isn't allowed which is why the account had gotten suspended. If the API is only being used as a proxy, it'd also fall under the TOS.

wengxufeng23

Reaction score
I can understand it just fine; far as I know the twitter API itself would be fine, but it always boils down to what's being done with it.

Hosting a twitter client isn't allowed which is why the account had gotten suspended. If the API is only being used as a proxy, it'd also fall under the TOS.

I don't understand "fall under the TOS" well.
Do you mean if the API is only being used as a proxy,it is also NOT allowed ?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
If the API is used proxy to other websites, then it is not allowed. But if it's to view your tweets or post one, then it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.