I wish to start a forum with SMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

nalapachakamforum85

Reaction score
I strictly want to comply with x10 TOS, and dont want to get suspended?

So please let me know:

1) Forum Post Attatchments allowed ( If yes which extensions, zip? )
2) Can be bridged with Coppermine Gallery for uploading images?
3) High Traffic later will be a issue?
x10 Free Hosting Accounts will be suspended for high traffic ? if suspended , possible to get back account (unsuspend) ?
4) Any way to backup & download forum data like databases and files regularly to prevent lose of data under hack attempts or any such??

More doubts..coming soon..now let me finish...

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
1) Yes, provided files are directly linked to your site. File storage is not allowed. Unless you're going to be actively moderating in great depth, I'd just disable attachments for ease.
2) Yes. You need to do this yourself. This is free hosting support. Ensure the total size of images does not exceed 1GB. Adult content is not allowed. Again, this will need moderating.
3) Accounts are not suspended for high traffic, however we do have a High Resource Usage policy. http://x10hosting.com/wiki/HRU If your site gets large you will need to upgrade to premium/VPS eventually.
4) Yes. See: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/PhpMyBackupPro for databases and files can be compressed and downloaded from cPanel's file manager.

nalapachakamforum85

Reaction score
Thank u very much stpvoice.....

and what about xmb forum? is it allowed? opinion?

In your opinion, phpBB, smf or xmb ... which one is better?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd always go for phpBB, but it's a matter of opinion. You may be better asking that question in another forum. This is free hosting support.

Status
Not open for further replies.