Ideal video game?

cheeseman27

Reaction score
If you could create ANY video game, what would it be like?
It can be something completely different from any game that ever existed (if that's actually possible)
or it could be a combination of several video games that already exist...

well, i love pokemon, harvest moon, advance wars and, erm, resident evil... (yeah i know its a little different from the other three)
so i guess it would be an rpg where you build an army of cute little animals on a farm to fight zombies...?

xPlozion

Reaction score
wow, I'd stick with the tried and true. Games like Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield (PC/XBOX) and R63:Black Arrow (XBOX) were great. I enjoy playing tactical-shooters like this, and until the pc, i've hated anything fast paced (cod4 for example).

nterror

Reaction score
Always preferred extreme fast paced, team oriented, high learning curve tactical shooters (Tribes). Would start with Starseige:Tribes/Tribes2 (classes, packs, weapons, vehicles) and update things a bit, add the Grappler/Buckler from Tribes:Vengeance.

Always wanted to play something like that in a seamless world, MMO-FPS-Z style, non of the RPG nonsense (should always be about skill, not how long you've been playing). Have objectives to progress the clan/race of your choice (Blood Eagles, Diamond Sword, Bioderms, etc.). Don't know if that would actually work, so I would add a competition mode with gametypes from previous games.

Last edited:

julescaballero

Reaction score
I think that the videogames industry is been so deveoped that it would be hard to designe someting that has not been created yet. but I would try to make something more constructive such as related to universe knowladge, or something about real history facts.

totakeke

Reaction score
I would love to create a Pokemon MMORPG. Nintendo is so dumb for not cashing in on one yet. It'd make millions.

xPlozion

Reaction score
I would love to create a Pokemon MMORPG. Nintendo is so dumb for not cashing in on one yet. It'd make millions.
Back in the day, I would have been interested, but I haven't touched Pokemon for a long time (since it came out on GBA).

Armacci Design

Reaction score
I've designed plenty of games in my day, and by far my favorite genre is plain ol' "Adventure." For modern examples, think Post Mortem/Still Life and Indigo Prophecy. To me, games are all about atmosphere and story, and adventure games are, in my opinion, by far the best medium for expressing a great story on the computer screen (well, maybe with the exception of Silent Hill 2... :))

chaoztlg

Reaction score
Replayability is the key word for this question. I very rarely touch modern games i've pleyed trough, however, you can easily catching me playing on my olde SNES. It's hard to explain, but older games focused on sheer fun and gameplay, while modern games try to wow you with graphical effects.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Replayability is the key word for this question. I very rarely touch modern games i've pleyed trough, however, you can easily catching me playing on my olde SNES. It's hard to explain, but older games focused on sheer fun and gameplay, while modern games try to wow you with graphical effects.

That's not hard to explain at all, you just did it in one shot :)

It's something a lot of reviewers of old-school games have said in the past - Back in the day, you didn't -have- good graphics to distract you from when the game has a massive glitch or loophole. Now you do, so the dev's spend more time making "ooo shiny" than they do "ooo here's a big glitch lets fix it!"

Last edited:

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I'd mix a RPG game like dungeon siege with a RTS.. but not really how its done sometimes (RTS with some RPG elements, I'd like it the other way).

enraged

Reaction score
I would make a game where you play the game that I made in third-person and control yourself controlling the game.

wilduck

Reaction score
Yo Dawg, I heard you like games, so,
I would make a game where you play the game that I made in third-person and control yourself controlling the game.

Seriously though.

I think games like flow that allow gamers to progress to whatever difficulty they like at whatever time they like are incredibly interesting. Imagine an mmorpg where there are tons of areas to train, with varying difficulties (including epic bosses), that any level character could explore without necessarily dying. There would be benefits to training, but depending on your skill level, you could explore anywhere.http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I find it depends on the moment.

Some times I am energetic and want a fast paced action game.
And other times I am feeling more laid back and want to play a slower strategy game.

One of my goals as a game designer is to make games that cover all the different "gaming moods".

wesley09

Reaction score
I'd make an open sandbox game where you could upgrade your weapons, different skills, and such.

wolverine

Reaction score
Yo Dawg, I heard you like games, so,

Seriously though.

I think games like flow that allow gamers to progress to whatever difficulty they like at whatever time they like are incredibly interesting. Imagine an mmorpg where there are tons of areas to train, with varying difficulties (including epic bosses), that any level character could explore without necessarily dying. There would be benefits to training, but depending on your skill level, you could explore anywhere.

I think that the videogames industry is been so deveoped that it would be hard to designe someting that has not been created yet. but I would try to make something more constructive such as related to universe knowladge, or something about real history facts.

I'm agree with you. I think I'll design a strategy game (not sure if mr. wilduck has refer to it) what you can advance a lot, an explore a lot of worlds, also with the idea of create a history based in a true story, like our human story. I think something like Age of Empires, the complete saga, and something plus like Age of Mythology, for adding some of variety. Of course, this game must be online based, because if players have complete the game, then they'll become sooo boring. And I think the game could be updated time by time to add options, worlds, features, and campaignes to do by yourself, or to do with someone else.

It would be something like that:

• Story and a few features: Age of empires + Age of mythology (I think we can put more human history, like Universal History subject in the game).
  • Design and graphics: The Settlers (has somebody view what beautiful this game is? The buildings, the scenarios... oh my god! looool)
  • Expandable (I think this is the word), like the Sims. We can put a lot of new features in the game.
  • And a complex play system, because I'll do a game what will grow up while you're playing, the difficult and online interaction with other players will spend you more resources, diplomacy, alliance strategy... etc
Wouldn't be interesting? I think I have write as good as I think.