If you use Joomla, this might help you!

Noodles8

Reaction score
Hey everyone. If you happen to use Joomla! you might want to keep on reading. Also, if you don't happen to use Joomla! but have been giving it some thought. You too may want to keep reading as well.

Personally I use Joomla!. I love it. Its great. Has a lot of features. But I've been wanting a solution for working offline. Anyone who tests a lot of extensions knows how much of a hassle it can be, and if you dont have a test server, the hassle can be even more.

Last night I stumbled on JoomlaPC. A stand alone server, with joomla preinstalled. And I must say, it works great. Its got all the WAMP features you need, and Joomla already set up for you. Updating or creating a new isntallation of joomla is as simple as adding a new database, and putting the latest joomla files in the directory, and isntalling like you always do.

No, I dont work for them. This is a FREE server program. It works great. Its no hassle. You unzip the files, click run, it does everything it has to by itself. When you dont want it running anymore, just shut it down. It even creates a nice little icon for you in the system bar, allowing you quick access to anywhere you might need to go.'

This will also give users who are interested in getting their feet wet with Joomla, a way to test and use it, without worrying about adding onto their website. Just use JoomlaPC!

You have find JoomlaPC here. http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,4004/Itemid,35/

And guys, if anyone you happen to use it, I'd really like to hear what you guys have to say about it. I've only used it a day and had to let you guys know how happy I am with it.

adamlinux

Reaction score
Wow that sounds like It really would make things easier. I know that when I want to do that I have to install xampp or wampp and spend like an hour setting it up just to be able to edit my site, thanks for the info, I'll have to try this.:biggrin: