Iframes

Status
Not open for further replies.

icedhabbo

Reaction score
how do i add IFRAMES to my site cuz i need to add a timetable,request line, staff list, dj says , and a application line for djs
i also need to know how to add external links like to my forum or to another fansite

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
This is a programming related question.

***Moved to Programming Help***

as4s1n

Reaction score
Iframes are pretty simple actually.

HTML:
<iframe src="location of iframe" width="width of iframe" height="height of iframe" scrollbars="Use scrollbars or not"></iframe>

As for applying your own links to other website, you could use frames like google images, but you have to create a new page and reference that with the iframe tag.

Main page that will include the iframe with the framed with your links

Page1
HTML:
<!-- ... -->

<iframe src="page2" width="x" height="x"></iframe>

<!-- ... -->

Page framing both your stuff

Page2
HTML:
<frameset rows="20%, 80%">
    <frame src="page3">
    <frame src="pageyouframe">
</frameset>

Page with your links

Page3
HTML:
<a href="index.html">Home</a>

Hope that helps

Note: If you want the iframe to blend into the page you can use border="0".

Last edited:

icedhabbo

Reaction score
thanx im gonna go and try it and also when i applied the last code i got error cannot be found.

as4s1n

Reaction score
Those were just for reference. replace the srcs with the LocationOfFile/fileName.filetype

icedhabbo

Reaction score
yea i know ive changed them but it wont load ill display the page so you can see ok
www.icedhabbo.co.cc its the timetable page under radio

Code: <iframe src="ibobbacrazy.site11.com/housekeepingguy/staff/showtimetable.php" width="700" height="900" scrollbars="yes"></iframe>

:( I GUESS NO 1 WILL HELP :(

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You have your pages hidden in frames.
You do not provide us a direct link to the page that supposedly has the code on it.
How do you expect us to help you?

icedhabbo

Reaction score
listen the code works on site builder but not on the site. so wat would i do bout that

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
HELP ME plz im in desparate need of help

As Decalzo pointed out, -where- is the page with the error?

Direct link ONLY. I cannot get to where you say it is - you say it's in Timetable under Radio. I click radio, I get a "LOOKS like you click on something by mistake please go back or to a submenu to get the most out of your experience."

Link us to the page if you still want help with this, otherwise there's not much anyone's going to be able to do.

icedhabbo

Reaction score
that wasnt me that was the code i used and u dont click on the radio tab theres a drop down menu when i highlight it click timetable on that.i cannot add a direct link as i am using a .co.cc domain which dont give me direct links
wats the right iframe and how do i add it?

this si the code ive got: <iframe src=http://www.ibobba.site11.com/housekeepingguy/staff/showtimetable.php width="700" height="800"></iframe>

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
that wasnt me that was the code i used and u dont click on the radio tab theres a drop down menu when i highlight it click timetable on that.
wats the right iframe and how do i add it?

this si the code ive got: <iframe src=http://www.ibobba.site11.com/housekeepingguy/staff/showtimetable.php width="700" height="800"></iframe>

2 things: 1, I see now why the dropdown isn't working. You are assuming javascript is enabled, which on my browser it was blocked.

2, you don't have a <, you have &lt; which is the html character code for a <, but it will not actually process like a <. You need to replace the &lt; with an actual < in the html code.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
HTML:
<iframe src="http://www.ibobba.site11.com/housekeepingguy/staff/showtimetable.php" width="700" height="800"></iframe>

should work

At least it would if your link led anywhere.

Gets a 301 permanent redirect to 000 webhost. Cute.

Last edited:

icedhabbo

Reaction score
2 things: 1, I see now why the dropdown isn't working. You are assuming javascript is enabled, which on my browser it was blocked.

2, you don't have a <, you have &lt; which is the html character code for a <, but it will not actually process like a <. You need to replace the &lt; with an actual < in the html code.
where is the &lt i cannot find it in the code
i need more help i rlly dont understand this its too confusing

<iframe src="http://www.ibobbacrazy.site11.com/housekeepingguy/staff/showtimetable.php" width="700" height="800"></iframe>
would that code work i just reuploaded and sorted the dj panel so it should be the right url

Last edited:

icedhabbo

Reaction score
any more idea i need as much help as i can get as i cant find some1 that knows enough about coding to code me a site :( so i decided to do it my self and i need help with the iframe for the radio section this iframe doesn't work : <iframe src="http://www.ibobbacrazy.site11.com/housekeepingguy/staff/showtimetable.php" width="700" height="800"></iframe>
its got the correct info but it just gives me a error page cannot be displayed

mprybyls

Reaction score
Here is how I do a scrolling IFrame.

The following is on the webpage that contains the IFRAME.
Code:
 <iframe id="introfram" src="introfram.html" style="position:absolute;left:250;top:150;" width="500" height="200"  scrolling="no" style="border: #000000 1px solid;"></iframe>

The following is on the webpage that IS the in the IFRAME.

Code:
<!-- SCROLLER CONTENT STARTS HERE -->

<Div class="welcometext">
<p> What you want to scroll in your IFRAME. 
</p> 
</div>

<!-- SCROLLER CONTENT ENDS HERE -->

Code:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!-- HIDE CODE
var scrollspeed  = 1  // SET SCROLLER SPEED 1 = SLOWEST
var startdelay   = 2   // START SCROLLING DELAY IN SECONDS
var nextdelay  = 1  // SECOND SCROLL DELAY IN SECONDS 0 = QUICKEST
var topspace  = "2px"  // TOP SPACING FIRST TIME SCROLLING
var frameheight  = "200px"  // IF YOU RESIZE THE WINDOW EDIT THIS HEIGHT TO MATCH

current = (scrollspeed)
function NewsScrollStart(){
marqueeheight=document.all? parent.document.all.introfram.height : parent.document.getElementById("introfram").getAttribute("height")
dataobj=document.all? document.all.NewsDiv : document.getElementById("NewsDiv")
dataobj.style.top=topspace
AreaHeight=dataobj.offsetHeight
setTimeout("ScrollNewsDiv()",( startdelay * 1000 ))
}
function ScrollNewsDiv(){
dataobj.style.top=parseInt(dataobj.style.top)-(scrollspeed)
if (parseInt(dataobj.style.top)<AreaHeight*(-1)) {
dataobj.style.top=frameheight
setTimeout("ScrollNewsDiv()",( nextdelay * 1000 ))
}
else {
setTimeout("ScrollNewsDiv()",30)
}
}
window.onload=NewsScrollStart
// END HIDE CODE -->
</script>

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.