Ill Pay Points for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Trying to get somthing set up here quick, I need to set up a Request line. on my site were like the members can click it two lines will come up one for the name one for the request they click submit, and it gose somware were my staff can login and it will show list of what people sent in and what they had to say?

Please.

Offer 120 Points.. If you make it 200 If I realy like it and how it works.

Alright people.. Comon.. I'll make it 200 if you do one and I use it. 300 points if it's simple and clean and I like it. (Might even give more)

Last edited:

george7004

Reaction score
like a "customer service" application? please explain.. but if its a thing where people post requests and staff answers to them I can help you! PM me if you want help

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
george7004 said:
like a "customer service" application? please explain.. but if its a thing where people post requests and staff answers to them I can help you! PM me if you want help
I think he meant something like that. He want a form that when submited goes to a password protected section. Like a comments and suggestions thing.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
aaorozco said:
george7004 said:
I think he meant something like that. He want a form that when submited goes to a password protected section. Like a comments and suggestions thing.
Yea, Like that.. for like a radio.. or somthing...

M

minievan

Last edited by a moderator:
M

minievan

That would work, But if you viewed the source of where the Url goes to, anyone could just enter that page.. What i said will/should work ;)

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
wait so you pretty much want a backwards news system with a admin login/control panel?

george7004

Reaction score
Ok please PM me.... I have your stuff...... Ill give you instructions and stuff on how to use

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Wow... Ok befor thing happens here is.

I have a radio, I have DJ's I need a request like were my listeners can click the requst and two lines come up, One for the name one for the request. then they hit summit and all the infor mation goes to another page were there is a list of what people have sent in that my Dj's can read. I just want it to be simple.

www.habbohut.com Click the request bottom two lines pop up thats what I want my listeners to see. Then once it send the information gose to a page were only my Djs can login and see to read them out and such.

Last edited:

Articz

Reaction score
this may b stupid but isnt that something like a guestbook. i may have read this how post incorrectly but that was i thought

george7004

Reaction score
hmm lemme make the code for you to put on your site.. I will PM you O.K?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I am, doing it now. Consider it done.

I'll talk to you on AIM to ask any questions I come up with, and post back here when I'm done, then PM you a zip with the files. It shouldn't take that long.

Whoopie,
-NedreN

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
George,

I'm going to have to go the Nedern on this one Sorry.

Just because I know he is a pro and he's taking the time to do it even though he has 1 millon other things to do for x10. I might be looking for other things for my website that I will pay big for later on. :)

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
sorry George,

Nedren has alreddy made it and I went through it step by step with him soo I know it's going to be great.

Thanks for the offer though.

M

minievan

Wow Habbohut :)
I think i used to dj on there.. Or was that habbode and v-habbo :mad:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Ok well I'm going to post it all here, just so others know that I have it done and what not, also seeing that your on AIM, but using a "mobile device". Anyways, to move on.

I finished this up last night for you, the only problem being that I did not finish telling you how to actually use it.

I have uploaded the zip containing 5 files as an attachment. This is what you need to do to use this.

1. Upload the entire zip to your website's "root" directory. (Such as public_html/)

2. Extract the zip, which should create a directory public_html/habborequest

3. This step is optional. You can rename the directory to whatever you wish. If you do though, remember the name so you can update the files later. I'm going to assume your using habborequest though. ;)

4. Edit the file: habborequest_config.inc.php which should be in the habborequest/ directory (Unless you renamed it). Change the corresponding lines to your MySQL database name, MySQL username, MySQL password, and the administrator username and password for the "admin panel". Also change the directory to when the habbo request php files are in. When done, save the file.

5. Once you have updated the file with the correct information, use a webbrowser and go to: http://yoursite.com/habborequest/install.php That file *should* create the table needed for this. If you get an error, talk to me and I will help you. Is you get the message that the table was made, delete the file and continue with these steps. COMPLETLY DELETE INSTALL.PHP!!!

6. Now that your table is installed, place these lines into the location in the php file where ever you wish to have the "Request Form":

PHP:
<?php
// If you renamed the directory, change these lines as needed.
   include('habborequest/habborequest_config.inc.php');
   include('habborequest/habbo.class.php');
   include('habborequest/habborequest.php');
?>

Save that file, then go to that page in a web browser. You should then see two text inputs and a submit button. If you don't and you get an error, talk to me and I will help you with it. Continue on if you do.

7. For the "admin panel", go to: http://yoursite.com/habborequest/habborequestadmin.php. You will need to login using the username and password you set for the admin user to enter the "panel". From there, everything is self explanatory.

After doing all those, this should work. If it does not, ask me for help.

One more thing, I have tested the install.php file, as well as all other scripts to make sure they work ok, and they all do.

Also this was one of my first trys with OOP in PHP. It works though, so it's all good. :-D :ughdance:

Any questions Mr. Brownlove, talk to me on AIM or post back here. I'm sorry that this is confusing like it is.

Edit: I changed a few things a little.

[B[Edit 2:[/B] I updated the zip file. I have checked all files.. and they all work.

Bye bye,
-NedreN

Attachments

• habborequest.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

WoMBaT

Reaction score
Can you have it hosted somewhere so we can test your work?

Status
Not open for further replies.