I'm Disabled, Bottle Feed Me!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
A woman from Florida thought she was doing a good deed when she was helping a man's disabled brother by changing his diapers and bottle feeding him for $600 a week. She found out about the offer after searching through Craigslist, and continued completing the task for three months.

Then the woman and her family found out that the man they were helping was not actually disabled, and he didn't really have a brother; the person the woman had been diaper changing and bottle feeding was the actual man that put the offer up on Craigslist!

After calling police, the woman learned that the man was not committing any definite crimes because the woman was being paid for the services.

(For the original source of information, click here.)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
What? You mean that everyone doesn't have this service performed for them?!

Hold on a minute.....I need changing again!.....................

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It was $600 weekly, not $600 monthly. Not that it really matters, but just thought I'd point it out.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So on other words, be a nanny for $600 a month? Not bad, really.
$600 a month! Are you kidding? That's horrible pay. Now it was $600 a week, but even that's laughable. She was clearly cheated, as she could of made much more at a real job.

zapzack

Reaction score
$600 a month! Are you kidding? That's horrible pay. Now it was $600 a week, but even that's laughable. She was clearly cheated, as she could of made much more at a real job.

Isnt that more than minimum wage?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah.

Ichwar always seems to think that everyone must be as rich as his family.

He doesn't get out much!
No, I'm simply saying that she could of gotten more than $2400 a month on a better job. $2400 is $10 an hour pay. Do you really think that's very good?:nuts:

zen-r

Reaction score
Yes, $600/week is good if she only worked 2 hours per day.

And even $10/hr is better than nothing, if you're hungry & no-one else will give you better paid work.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, $600/week is good if she only worked 2 hours per day.

And even $10/hr is better than nothing, if you're hungry & no-one else will give you better paid work.
There's plenty of well paying work available for those who aren't afraid of work.
But you have a point, in the light of 2 hours a day, it's not so bad. But how do you know that's all the time she spent?

zen-r

Reaction score
I didn't, it was an example.

The story doesn't state how long she had to work for. So you had been making assumptions about her rate of pay! :biggrin:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, so have you. :D
Wouldn't it be safe to assume that she spent a good part of the day there? After all, if this guy was supposedly mentally retarded, how was he gonna take care of himself at all?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
if this guy was supposedly mentally retarded, how was he gonna take care of himself at all?

I'm impressed that this guy was able to pull off the "I'm mentally disabled" act for so long without anyone suspecting anything.

Picard1595

Reaction score
No, I'm simply saying that she could of gotten more than $2400 a month on a better job. $2400 is $10 an hour pay. Do you really think that's very good?:nuts:

Not sure where you got 10 per hour = 2400 a month... I think its more like 1600 per month. ;) Then after taxes it even less :)