Im in need of an honest opinion!

antcasto

Reaction score
ok i really would like to improve mysite, and i dont mind an honest opinion, like its rubbish or anything, just i would llike some pointers to help me out with improving it, just have in mind, i'm wanting the site kinda simple :)
my url is: http://hamsterkaos.x10hosting.com/

... i have to amit though i also applied for a free domain on some site that i found on thisforum, and i will need more visitors to visit it to apply for it, and if you at least look i would be very, very thankful!

But mostly, i would love to have other peoples opinion, and some tips or something...

thank you!

Ants!! xx
xx wb xx

Hydrargyrum

Reaction score
"Of" should not be capitalized in "Aim Of Site." But why use a heading to describe your purpose? A heading says "watch out, here it comes". This is good for changing topics, bad for introducing the main topic. Don't use headings too gratuitously when you don't need to. Anyway, aside from that "Of", there are dozens of little spelling and grammar errors. Fix those, because as a person providing information, you need to sound credible. You won't if you can't use proper English. Also, every time you forget to capitalize an "I" or make some other error, the reader lingers on that for a split second, and it breaks the momentum. It's very distracting, and your readers will get bored and won't stick around or come back if you have too many grammatical errors, no matter how good the content is.

It's probably not a good idea to call your website "just like any other hamster pet website". It just doesn't sell the concept very well. If you are going to sell your reader on your web site to keep them around and browsing longer, you have to explain that your site has something that no other site has without a disclaimer saying that it is just like other sites. Also, make sure to cite your sources whenever you can. This will strongly add to your credibility.

It's definitely not cool to talk about "buying a hamster". Hamsters are not commodities to be bought and sold. Even if there is most likely an exchange of money taking place during the transfer of guardianship of a hamster, you should use the term "adopting a hamster". Adopting touches on the real point (that point being that a hamster is or will be in your care), and not simply that you spent money on a hamster.

I'm not a fan of the little pull down menu. Also, the menu items highlight in blue when you hover over them, which clashes terribly with the orange. If nothing else, fix your menu to align across the whole, well, I want to say div, but it seems you didn't put the menu of all things into a div.

Your stylesheet needs to go into a separate file, not into the top of your document.

You probably don't need the CGI guest book. They aren't too classy and scream "I'm thirteen years old, and I learned how to make a website by copying and pasting code!" You know what I mean. A guest book can really bring your website's image down rather than add to it. Try something a little more useful, like allowing people to post comments at the bottom of each article. If you are going to leave the guest book in, you might want to format it so it's all pretty and nicely aligned.

I noticed you have an empty place where one day there will be a comment form. (By the way, it's great to have an email link at the bottom of the page, but overkill to give the email option its own link in the menu). Anyhow, visit this link: http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/feedbackphp.shtml It will teach you how to create a little comment form, and you'll start to feel a little comfortable with php if you choose to use that comment form. There's so much to be gained by using php, you should really give it a whirl. If nothing else, master the art of php includes, as this can make things so much easier for you.

The forum is ORANGE. Not dull brownish hamster orange, but bright flaming Florida citrus orange. It hurts to look at, especially against a mild grey and white background.

You should throw in some more hamster images here and there to improve the visual element. People who visit a hamster website are definitely going to want to see some hamsters.

I've made a lot of criticisms, and there's so much more I could say, but I figure it's a good start and I've already given you a heap of stuff to look at and consider whether or not you want to work on them. I am being honest, though, in hope of helping you to improve your website. I am really not trying to be mean, so I'm sorry if anything I said came off the wrong way. I really hope you work hard on this. If you put enough love and dedication into it, you could have the best hamster care websites around! I wish you and Fidget the best,

Peace,
- Jade

ohmaild

Reaction score
hi there actually i like your site though its needs more development. i like the collor blending you used for the homepage. nice to the eyes. just keep developing it and you will find your site more attractive. continue dudes. by the way i love hamster. i have one guinea pig at home she is cute, specially when shes hungry she create a sounds like a pig. kind a cute to hear. lol. take care dude and develope and try adding some effects of your every photos of hamster like fading effect on the edge.

sunils

Reaction score
The site showed the pain you have taken to come out with it. good job.

You have prefixed some menus with *. Could have made a under construction page and linked to it. The prefix menu is not nice.

There are lot of empty space in the guest book. put some picture of the Hamster or any other appropriate one.

The forum is a nice one. I liked the color. you were careful and used the same color you have used for your site for the forum also.