Im interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
Why were changes made to the effect that we no longer have files in our databases, but rather somewhere else.??

My URL now is http://tropicalfish4um.x10.mx/forum.php which is viewed by all the search engines as a page and not as an actual site, so it cannot possibly be rated or indexed by Google, MSN, Yahoo, etc.

it used to be tropicalfish4um.x10.mx which although a sub domain, i could at least get indexed. Now its like i have a page out in ciber-space that no one will ever find, unless i direct them to it manually.

Did i do something wrong when i set it up ? how do i get the tropicalfish4um.x10.mx url back ???? :(

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like something vB does.
If you want tropicalfish4um.x10.mx to load tropicalfish4um.x10.mx/forum.php , but keep tropicalfish4um.x10.mx in the address bar...

go to cPanel
FileManager
Open .htaccess for editing
add the line:
DirectoryIndex forum.php

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
Hmmmm will that fool Google into accepting tropicalfish4um.x10.mx/forum.php as a url instead of a page, i cant ever submit a sitemap the way it is now. ??

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't submit tropicalfish4um.x10.mx/forum.php as a the site url, you submit tropicalfish4um.x10.mx

If you go to cnn.com you are actually going to cnn.com/index.html . Google indexes cnn.com quite well.

tropicalfish4um

Reaction score
Well , thanks for that info. ill give it a shot. :)

Update: couldnt find that file where you said it was ??

Update #2 . Found the file, it was hidden :( i opened it there is nothing in it, is that right ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.