I'm looking for an "forum auto setup" script

Galdhrim

Reaction score
Hello,
A friend asked me if I knew about a script, portal, or whatever that allow to install automagically a forum, after a new user register an account at a site.

The idea is to make a site to provide free forums (phpBB or SMF or....), like those sites where you register an account and you get your own forum (you are admin of your forum, but you don't get access to the database, nor to ftp, nor to CPanel. It's just the forum).

But so far, I've been unable to find anything like that. So, does anybody know something like that?

P.S: of course I DONT intend to use it here, it is for my friend.

j4m32

Reaction score
I have not seen any generic scripts out there for this, I think you will need to learn some PHP and SQL to acchive what you want... I maybe wrong.

Here is why: You could do this any number of ways, a simple sub directory per user that wants a forum, subdomained which can be subdirectories per subdomain or just one set of the files...

The easiest way would be to make your own reigstration system.

Use the forum adminstrator username as the table prefix.
You then just have one copy of the PHP files and either: a) symbolically link the subdirectories to the forum directory keeing their configurations separate or b) you can subdomain it so that each user has a subdomain with their forum.

Then you would need to take the chosen board package and restrict all the database options and modify how the configuration is loaded so that nothing "clashes".

Maybe someone else knows of a script to do this...

Hope this has helped.

( PS: I would have replied in Spanish if this were in the Spanish board. :) )

Jim,