I'm suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwoodfx

Reaction score
I was working in Wordpress when my account was suddenly suspended for

"high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, and process amounts. This is an automatic suspension."

I've got this three times, and I've opened several unsuspension reports. Always with the same result saying it's not applicable. According to the Account Managment, I've only used 8 MB of the 10 GB bandwidth, and 143 MB of the 1 GB webspace. Why is this happening? :(

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
high resource usage has to do with ram and cpu usage, not disk space or bandwidth. You may have a bad plugin that isn't resource light, fairly common

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account is now unsuspended. Please find out what plugin is causing your suspension and remove it or find a low resource alternative.

davidwoodfx

Reaction score
Um, it still shows as suspended. the last plugin I added was a download monitor, would that mess it up? I don't have that much download activity.:confused:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I have unsuspended you account again, Disable or remove that plugin immediately.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going in via file manager/ftp and erasing the files for the plugin itself - it might make wordpress throw a bit of a hissy fit but it'll also stop it from being able to run the plugin, which should stop the suspensions.

I hit unsuspend again so it should get you going shortly...

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I keep refreshing the page but I'm still not getting through. :(

You are suspended again now, When you try to visit your website you get suspended. because one of the plugin is causing high CPU usage.
Do not open your website now, just go to wp-admin directly and disable that plugin. or Go to cPanel file Manager and delete plugin files.

I have unsuspended you once again.

Edit: oooopps

Last edited:

davidwoodfx

Reaction score
Thanks Zubair, I finally got it. I don't understand how it could mess it up since I don't have that many downloads. What is the CPU and RAM usage limit?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Zubair, I finally got it. I don't understand how it could mess it up since I don't have that many downloads. What is the CPU and RAM usage limit?

I had it bookmarked for just such an occasion! :)

http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/99095-resource-usage-monitoring.html

* 25% CPU
* 5% memory (eg 400 MB)
* 240 seconds of CPU time per hour
* 20 concurrent processes executing

If a user exceeds any of these limits for longer than 60 seconds, they will have a suspension applied to their account.

^ it's an older post is why it's hard to locate - searching High Resource Usage finds pretty much everyone who was suspended rather than that thread >_<

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks livewire, there is no way I could have exceeded those limits though.:confused:

The ram one is the big one actually; it's pretty easy to get that to go insane in a hurry, along with 20 concurrent processes. If a rogue plugin starts a few copies of itself by accident (usually for threading purposes), it'll hit that limit in a hurry too.

Ram is the one I'm leaning towards most though - if it's poorly coded it'll suck up ram like a sponge and trip it without fail every 60 seconds, which seemed to be what was happening.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I just checked the log, and you are actually exceeding limitations on all accounts.

cpu: 205.800
mem: 11.400
ctm: 00:00:00
commands: (38 total)

cpu: 205.800 actually means your account is taking up the power of two processors...

Even saw one occasion where you were taking up a bit over three processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.