Not open for further replies.

DemonicDemon

Reaction score
Im Suspended ...

And its tellin me TOS why ?

i havent worked on my site to much

i have had this site up for quite a while and

its now gonna tell me this message

Violation of x10hosting's terms of service. Details: shell scripts are prohibited on x10hosting's servers.

What the h ll you mean shell script

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
A shell script is a file (could be any file extension, but usually .sh) that is meant to be executed by the server for any variety of purposes, but are usually exploitative in nature. They are easily distinguishable from other files by the commands that are listed inside since it's in the server's command line syntax. They don't have any purpose on your account and are against the terms of service since they can be used in an exploitative way.

I'm guessing something you uploaded (intentionally or not) had a shell script within it.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Still gunna escalate this to staff; just off of it being such an old account and I highly doubt that you would've intentionally uploaded that, however if it was you, it's not a safe script.

Staff note: File is public_html/Test/gnyshell.php.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
CPanel keeps a log of just about everything. A staff member can find out why this file exists on your account and correct the problem.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Which was why I hit escalate; I know it'll show it closed on the forums, but it'll still get updates from actual staff via the normal account panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.