Image files on website won't show!! Please help me!

emilyjolie

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Today I created my first website, well, at least I tried to... -__-

I'm absolutely exhausted, because I couldn't solve this problem:

I created my index.htm page with open office. A very simple page with a background image (jpg) and I also inserted an image file (png), both images do not exceed 80 kb.
When I doubleclick on my index.htm page it shows perfectly in Mozilla Firefox. But then I uploaded it on my host site (x10hosting.com) in the www. folder and when I typed the address of my homepage, my index.htm page shows up but without the background image and the other picture I had put on the page...
I really don't see why !!!! This is how the page loads: http://blackandwhitetales.x10hosting.com/

I'm desperate, creating a website with open office seemed so simple, but now I'm completely stuck !!!! Please help me!

Emi

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
A couple of the missing images are:

Users/Emi/art/homepage/logo/logo4.png
Program Files/OpenOffice.org 3/Basis/share/gallery/rulers/gryrulr2.gif

which are on your computer.
You have to adjust your html to point to files on the server and upload those files to the server.

P.S. I do not know how OpenOffice creates websites, but there should be some settings to make the page transferable to a server.

Last edited:

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
It is because when you are using home pc you are using the path of the system.
To solve your problem you can edit the index page change the path of pics file(for eg public_html/logo.png or where you have uploaded it).As Descalzo said its showing another path.

emilyjolie

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your replies! Yes, I figured out the same problem and so I uploaded the image files on the server and corrected the html code of my index.htm page! But it won't work anyways....
I'm bad at html, maybe I did a mistake.
You're right, there are maybe some settings to change in openoffice..... I'll try to find them -___-;
Thanks again, I'll keep you posted about this!

Emi

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Go to this tutorial for html
In you site just change the path of pics.Done thats all.

emilyjolie

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll will check out that tutorial!

But btw, thats just what I did... in the html code of my index page I changed the picture path for the background for example to "home/emi/public_html/images/homepageFRONT2.jpg" (or "/public_html/images/homepageFRONT2.jpg" since my index page is also in the public_html directory) via the code editor.
Still won't work!
Well, I'll see what the tutorial says!

emilyjolie

Reaction score
It works, it works !!!!!! Thank you so much vishal2!!!!! *hugz and kisses* Aaah wonderful ^^

sorry for being such a beginner, I'm trying to improve hehe!

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
It works, it works !!!!!! Thank you so much vishal2!!!!! *hugz and kisses* Aaah wonderful ^^

sorry for being such a beginner, I'm trying to improve hehe!

I just checked ,but you have to do the same for your logos also .Feel free to post back if you are in trouble..

Last edited:

emilyjolie

Reaction score
Yes, I wanted to do the same with the logo but it's been a few hours now that I couldn't log in to my stoli.x10hosting.com (cPanel url)!! But it just worked now, so I did the modification and it also works for the logo!!
Thanks! I now try to develop my site : )))