image thumbnail creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

listysite76

Reaction score
Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'users/158/images/thumbs/1308420484.jpg' for writing: No such file or directory in /home/cham1992/public_html/uploadimg.php on line 99
The file is not writable
Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'users/158/images/thumbs/small_thumbs/1308420484.jpg' for writing: No such file or directory in /home/cham1992/public_html/uploadimg.php on line 99

i kepp getting this error when i 'm using imgupload.php.actually 1308420484.jpg exists in server
and i used is writable function and it say's it is not writable.how to make all uploaded images writabe

users folder permissions=0777

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
1) what script are you using to generate thumbnails? It looks like it's getting paths messed up somehow (the users/158/... looks wrong)
2) folder permissions should be 755, NOT 777.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
script looks fine at a first glance, however, you might need to actually create the directories via mkdir() before trying to move images into them

listysite76

Reaction score
dir's are are already on server, they are created when user registered, and all sub-folders exists

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ignore this -- missed the application relative path. Sorry.

Last edited:

listysite76

Reaction score
---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

[/COLOR]what's the real path then?

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

what?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

some one please show me the solution

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
It is likely an issue with your script that I didn't catch on my first run-through. Please go through your script step-by-step (echo/print_r is good to view debugging info) to see where it is failing, then fix it.

I can assure you that there isn't any errors with the servers, since otherwise a LOT more people would be complaining about stuff like this, which means that you're now on your own to get it fixed. You may have some luck asking in the Programming Help forum, but in terms of this thread, you're S.O.L. since it isn't a server issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.