Images do not show

jschell

Reaction score
Hi,

Posted my site a few days ago and some of the images nor navigation bar show. The weird thing is that there are broken links in IE but not in FireFox, just the background, some text and that is it.

How do I get everything to work in both browsers?

My Site is http:jeffschell.exofire.net

I am new to hosting, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Seems some/most of your images are corrupted.

I went to
http://jeffschell.exofire.net/Images/
and when I click on them, they do not display.

Perhaps they were corrupted when you uploaded them. Remember to use binary mode.

Also, as a suggestion, do not use spaces in file names.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I came to the same conclusion as descalzo.

After doing what he suggested, you might also try taking all JavaScript off your page. JavaScript should be used for fancy effects, confirming input or other little things like that, not for assembling the whole site.

lmstfy

Reaction score
If you're using htaccess i suggest you delete it.. If you're not, then your images are corrupt..

jschell

Reaction score
Well what is weird is that jpg files show up, but the gif files do not. The java script is only for the navigation bar that was created in Fireworks and exported to Dreamweaver as Fireworks HTML, so that the buttons have up, over and down states to them.

I removed the htaccess file with no change, all images load locally, just not online.

Is there a reason that the gif files will not load?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I removed the htaccess file with no change, all images load locally, just not online.

Is there a reason that the gif files will not load?

Seems that your local copies are ok, but your online copies somehow got corrupted.
Try deleting one file and uploading a replacement. Make sure you are uploading in binary mode.

Clear browser cache and view again to see if it worked.

jschell

Reaction score
It is always the small details that make the difference..... I was uploading through Dreamweaver and it does not have a binary setting that I could find. Uploaded with FileZilla set on binary and low and behold it works....

Thank you for your help, I was getting ready to jump off a bridge....;)