In-text ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatagrasu

Reaction score
Hello there,

I have just signed up for the Corporate free hosting last night and quickly uploaded a temporary index.htm page until I have gotten my site developed. I'm going to be creating a Runescape help site, but I found what I beleive is a quite rude, and dangerous, feature of the hosting that I was not told about previous to signup, or at all. Only after uploading the temporary page I found the word Runescape highlighted in my copyright notice, and this in-text hover ad had something to the affect of "Runescape cheats!".

Runescape has no cheats and this has been stated by the game's creators. I might be able to tolerate such a thing if I knew that if my users clicked the link, their Runescape account would be safe. Almost all sites that claim to have Runescape cheats or are selling gold in-game, are scams to get users' passwords. There is no other purpose.

I would like to know why I was not informed of the in-text ads previous to sign-up (I was only told that I would have to display a 468x60 banner) and how often the in-text ads will take affect.

I'm slightly disappointed at the situation, but I am willing to work with it if my users will be safe.

Thank you,
Yata

Yatagrasu

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't done any work on it thus far, and I'd like to keep the thread on-topic for the sake of my concerns being resolved.

Yatagrasu

Reaction score
There Is Nothing You Can Do. Look At Your Thread. It Is How x10 hosting works.
1. Please stop capitalizing every word.
2. I want an explanation as to why I was not informed of this previous to sign-up or even after sign-up. It;s called fake advertising and I find it extremely rude.

Last edited:

Yatagrasu

Reaction score
I'm not mad. I simply want a response as to why it was false advertised. That has to be the rudest thing a company can do.

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
It is not false advertised.

Did you read the rules and did you read the Terms of Service,

I bet not but if you did you would know that depending on what service you

choose there are ads related to the Ad-Enhanced Plan. You need to respect

and follow those rules.

Again, If you do not like it then leave.

If you a tired of ads then switch to the ad-free plan.

Reaction score
it is a free hosting cmpany. they are having server problems. your choiches are live with the ads, get a add free plan, or the one i would reccomend for you is :gtfo2:

Yatagrasu

Reaction score
Considering I have not been disrespectful at all, I suggest you all calm down. I asked a question, I desired an answer, not a flame, thanks.

Edit:
And yes, I have read the TOS and all other documents of this type and saw nothing mentioning in-text ads.

Edit2:
Well, if I'm just going to be flamed, theres no point in having this thread open.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.