inactivity email

hrhrhr

Reaction score
hey guys,

just a suggestion i thought i'd pass along...
today my account was automatically suspended for inactivity (which is reasonable), however i didn't get any notification that I was for example one day away from suspension, nor did I receive an email when I was actually suspended.
they could of automatically deleted my account and I wouldn't have known...
so.. just a suggestion maybe a notification email for suspensions might be a good idea?

cheers,
hr
Edit:
just realised it's been discussed already..
sorry guys!

Last edited:

slwdesign

Reaction score
I would have to agree with this. This is my second account with x10hosting. I lost the first one due to the same situation. This is a great idea!

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Or you just carry out the simple task of just logging in to the forums once every 14 days. No posting. You could even set it to remember you and have it as one of your 'home tabs'. I know that at least IE supports opening multiple tabs at startup. I'd have thought the other major browsers would have similar functionality. I believe there's an idea floating around to send notification that you have been suspended by email.

Anyway, take responsibility for ensuring your account isn't suspended... To be on the safe side, slap a PostIt on your monitor with the 1st, 11th ,and 21st written on it... On those dates, log in! Easy. The alternative is a slower, less reliable service, as hosting accounts owned by users who can't be bothered carry on consuming resources. It's the sad fact of free hosting. Users will sign up and then give up, leaving those who carry on with a less useful service.

*Rant over*

rlodge

Reaction score
Sharky's idea of a home tab and "Remember Me" has worked for me, also. If I remember correctly, I joined X10 in December 2007 and haven't had a suspension for inactivity yet.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This Email feature will be in the new account panel, there is no ETA on it yet as it's been bumped back for a few other projects.

-Corey