Inactivity & MySQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

spo

Reaction score
I've gotten emails about Inactivity, and a final notice, but I've logged into both x10Hosting Basic & cPanel, and continue to do so. I don't want to lose my site.

Also, my site is saying "Error establishing a database connection" and it says "SQL server offline" in cPanel?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
As long as you use the Account Portal

https://x10hosting.com/sso/login/

to sign in, you should have no problem with an inactivity suspension.

The mySQL problem you have is server wide -- you are not alone.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Might have been a glitch in the system. If you really are suspended for inactivity, you have 21 days to unsuspend it and you would not lose any data.

Just a note: It is always good to keep an up to date backup (offsite, not on x10hosting) of your data. If your site is installed via Softaculous, it should have a one-click backup. If not, phpMyAdmin will backup and download your database and you can zip all your files together and download the .zip file via cPanel FileManager.

Reactions: spo

spo

Reaction score
Might have been a glitch in the system. If you really are suspended for inactivity, you have 21 days to unsuspend it and you would not lose any data.

Just a note: It is always good to keep an up to date backup (offsite, not on x10hosting) of your data. If your site is installed via Softaculous, it should have a one-click backup. If not, phpMyAdmin will backup and download your database and you can zip all your files together and download the .zip file via cPanel FileManager.
Thank you for the help, I tried to do a backup this morning with Softaculous but with SQL being offline that wasn't happening. I did one now, SQL seems to be back up and working, just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.