inconsistent speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

semfrans

Reaction score
I'm experiencing big speed issues. I've tried improving the speed of my php scripts, but the problem is that it isn't always slow. Is this a server issue, or is it something I can do something about?

When I open up my site to the public, I want to be sure that my visitors have a smooth surfing experience.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Optimizing your website is certainly going to help with your site loading speed, but there are other factors which you have very limited or no control over. While I have found the loading time of my own site to be very good most of the time, the load time speed is not consistent and I do not expect it to be. The free servers are heavily loaded with many accounts and there is no way of knowing what kind of load other users are placing on the server at any given moment. The free servers are also subject to a lot of intentional and unintentional abuse which causes extra load and other problems.

semfrans

Reaction score
thx.

Is there anyone who has premium, who can tell me if buying a premium account is worth it, in terms of speed?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
thx.

Is there anyone who has premium, who can tell me if buying a premium account is worth it, in terms of speed?

Speed doesn't seem to ever be an issue on the server I'm on, likewise stability. The only /real/ downtime I've had recently was self inflicted, although a few weeks ago there was about 10-15 minutes of pre-scheduled downtime for an apache update. That one was known in advance before it actually occured, and it was also ran overnight when the server is usually at it's lowest usage anyways, to minimize impact :)

Edit: Clarification; I'm referring to the paid server I'm on. There's still more than 1 paid server, same as there's more than 1 free :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.