Increased Number of 0 reply posts....

learning_brain

Reaction score
I've been on here for a few years now and I come and go as the need arises.

I've noticed recently that there are more and more posts with 0 replies. Many and decent, honest questions or comments from users who are unlikely to return any time soon.

Do you have a core staff who examine this?

It seems a shame that the only name I used to recognise is ellessar.... (keep it up please!)

Is Misson still around?

Any reply welcome!

Richard

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't seen misson around for a while; it's quite likely that life got in the way. Same with cullumcrae. It happens with volunteers. I, on the other hand, am an old cripple with next to no life offline anymore, so I can be a little more regular (if increasingly less useful due to memory and concentration problems).

I know that I try to stay out of things that I can't actually help with. The zero-replies thing may not give a lot of reassurance to the original poster, but it also keeps the people who do have sufficient access from assuming that the question has been handled already. It would be much less of a problem if people would close out their "tickets" once the problem is solved, but things tend to stay open around here until Livewire closes them. (It was an even bigger problem on the StackExchange-style help system. That should have been better all-around, but nobody ever voted on or accepted answers.)

There are a few core people who do most of the grunt work, like Dead-i, descalzo, GtoXic, Sharky and Skizzers, along with the official/semi-official staff (Bryon, Corey, Anna, Livewire, etc.), but they have varying levels of access and decision-making capability and sometimes the only solution is to wait for the right person to handle the problem/answer the policy question. Just at the moment, there are things happening in cPanel that are taking a lot of the time and attention normally given to Free Hosting.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
* Skizzerz, with a z at the end. :tongue:

There's been a lot going on with both Free and life in general for both me and many of the other people essellar listed above, and no response times are guaranteed for free hosting support. Our hope is that most questions can simply be answered by other members of the community (which is why we deployed the StackExchange-like Q&A site, albeit to poor results -- people kept trying to use it like a forum). As additional community members post and are active, that lets us know who to look for to increase our number of volunteers with access to do more things, which in turn continues to speed up response times. In other words, if you guys want faster replies, you should try your hand at replying to those questions you know the answers to (or think you do, there is no harm in not being perfectly right, and that gives you a learning experience too!)

learning_brain

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

Skizzerz - please don't think I'm complaining - I know how much commitment this forum must take for contributors. I also understand that no reposne times are guaranteed... or expected!

I was just making an observation which will be having an impact on user experience, especially new users.

You will also find that I reply to more posts than I create, for exactly the reasons you have pointed out! I like to do my share.

I have certainly had a lot of help over the years from misson, ellessar, descalzo, Sharky (and yourself) so I fully respoect and appreciate the work being done by the "core".

Please continue the good work!

BTW, if you have time, can I highlight this post? http://x10hosting.com/forums/review-my-site/183949-new-progressive-design-css3-3-media-queries.html

No expectations... just highlighting :wink:

Rich

Last edited: