Index.html not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

kajasweb

Reaction score
You have www prefixed in your domain. Try changing it to have alohajoestudios.com as your domain in ACM.

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
What was the original domain name url before you changed it?

Doc Photoshop

Reaction score
I would first ask the question, is your index file the same extension as the 'stock' index.html? However, I have tried with other extensions, .php/.htm and nothing appears, except a 404; so that is not the case.

Is your index.html file in the www or public_html folder, or have they been accidentally left in the server root, or a subfolder within the www or public_html?

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
I deleted the old index and put my new one in the public_html folder.

And as to what Chris73 asked, I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. I'm such a noob. I earlier had alohajoe.x10hosting.com and it worked fine, if that's what you mean.

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
alohajoe.x10hosting.com is what i was looking for. I will have you fixed up in a few minutes. :)

Chris73

Reaction score
OK i have fixed your website. Please be sure to clear your browsers cache and flush your dns. :)

I would first ask the question, is your index file the same extension as the 'stock' index.html? However, I have tried with other extensions, .php/.htm and nothing appears, except a 404; so that is not the case.

Is your index.html file in the www or public_html folder, or have they been accidentally left in the server root, or a subfolder within the www or public_html?

The great success page happens when the domain change does not take effect in the httpd like it should. Normally it's an easy fix. Just go in edit the httpd file to reflect the domain change and usually after i restart the httpd the site is running like normal.

Last edited:

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
Question... what does flushing my DNS mean and how would I go about doing that?

(I feel so stupid.)

Chris73

Reaction score
Well first see if your site shows up for you. If it doesn't do this (provided you are using windows) Start/run type in CMD wait for the command line console to pop up then type in ipconfig/flushdns hit enter then close it. :)

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help! For your fine work, I give you a word:

anthro.jpg

Use it wisely.

Chris73

Reaction score
:) *laughs* I needed that. Glad to have been able to solve your issue. Good luck with your site.

If you have anymore issues please feel free to open a new thread and a staff member will be more than happy to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.