Index issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfyscom

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am having an issues with my index.htm not showing as the first page when I go to my web address. Instead "Index of" is showing with a folder list. I have already created an index.htm and put it in the public_html folder but it will not show as the main page. I have never had this issue before since usually once you add an index.htm file to the root it displays as the primary page when you type in the .com name.

Please help

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am having an issues with my index.htm not showing as the first page when I go to my web address. Instead "Index of" is showing with a folder list. I have already created an index.htm and put it in the public_html folder but it will not show as the main page. I have never had this issue before since usually once you add an index.htm file to the root it displays as the primary page when you type in the .com name.

Please help

Your index file is named Index.htm; note the upper-case I. Change it to index.htm, with a lowercase i. X10 runs linux, which is case sensitive.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Try giving it a lowercase 'i'.

Are they the only files in there? Nothing with a name like ".htaccess"? (don't go creating one if you don't have one just because I mention it, though!)

rfyscom

Reaction score
I fixed my own issue. I had index spelled with a capital I instead of a lower case i.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.