Indo-American Alliance!

apoorav

Reaction score
What do you think about Indian American Alliance on Anti-Terrorism? Will India and America be succed on Maintaining World Peace!

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't believe World Peace is truly possible due to cultural walls and traditions. There are too many conflicts which have never been resolved, that can't be resolved, and many more to come.

As wonderful as World Peace sounds, I think it's impossible and too Idealistic.

miguelkp

Reaction score
Peace is just imposible when 'Destroying and Reconstructing countries' is a so beneficial business. 'Beneficial', better said... (I mean, 'monetary' benefits... the most important in our days although I think that is that monetary benefits what is making this world decay)
It's sad, but the true.
'Corporatocracy' is as clever as ruthless.

kinley3

Reaction score
If countries (and people in general) would simply leave well enough alone, international problems would be very minimal. But everyone knows that will never happen. There will always be an Iran developing nuclear capabilities. Or a Slobodan Milosevic or Adolf Hitler carrying out ethnic cleansing.

Every such thing creates a trickle-down effect, or a backlash if you will. And it doesn't even take an egregious crime or act to do so. The world, and global politics specifically, can never be simple enough to allow for world peace, though it hurts to say so.

apoorav

Reaction score
You made good points, but we should hope for the best and hope bcoz there is enough humanity left in this world.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Two large countries joining together won't make much of a difference. Yes, they may be powerful, but you don't get peace by forcing it on people, and definitely not by war -- this "alliance" seems to suggest armed intervention to bring peace, or at least weapon trading (and military training), which is essentially what this "alliance" is about, getting you nowhere (what else would India want from America?). You get peace by talking with adversaries, listening to everyone, and with education, and opportunities -- and not by forming an alliance of two peaceful countries, to help increase their military prowess. If America is to be serious about "instilling" peace around the world active talks need to be lead with all countries, no matter who is governing there, and also to not do anything military related. And part of the process is just time.