info discrepancy and MySQL issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hathehariken

Reaction score
hello!

i am very very satisfied with my ad-free plan, and i am planning to upgrade to paid hosting very soon.

i have some querries:

1) cpanel says i have 300 mb of server space (which is true) and the account page at x10hosting.com/accounts shows i have "error MB"
please take a look.

2) from within the cpanel, i can creat a database using the database wizard. that is fine.
but i have written a database making script, which creates the database, adds and formats all the tables and adds some dummy data. but PMA says i dont have any database creation privileges.
is this intentional or just an error?

3) when i create a database using the database wizard in cpanel the new database automatically takes "latin1_swedish_ci" as its collation standard, when i want "utf8_general_ci" or some other collation standard.

can you grant me database creation privileges on my cpanel PMA or failing that, can i install my personal copy of PMA on my hosting space?

thank you!
Ritu.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
1) It's a bug on the Account Management Panel. We're working to fix this. You can still see your Webdisk & Bandwidith on cPanel.

2) To be able to access/modify a database, you've to assign a user to that database. You can do this on cPanel > MySQL.

3) All database where created, are created with the default language: latin1_swedish_ci. You can modify the language of a database on PhpMyAdmin, but I don't think you can modify the default language for when a database is created..

hathehariken

Reaction score
hello fedlearner,

thank you for clarifying the points. i am grateful for your help.

but can you or someone else tell me if i can install my own copy of PMA on my webdisk (only temporarily)?

thanx,
Ritu.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes you can. I'm not really sure if it will work correctly with the PHP limitations, but you can give it a try.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes, I'd be interested in knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.