[Info] Tutorial Requests and Index

jeeter

Reaction score
Tutorial Request and Index

Hello, if you're here than you're either looking for an index to tutorials posted or you are looking to request a tutorial to be made. Please realize that this is an attempt to help forum users so please do not bash me if you do not like this post, I am only trying to organize and help others become better and more successful with their sites they are creating. Anyway, moving on:

Requesting a New Tutorial:
If there is a tutorial that isn't already listed and you would like to see one made, make a request by replying to this post with this information filled out correctly:

• Script Language: What type of scripting language you are needing help with. (i.e. HTML, XML, XHTML, PHP, Java, JavaScript, C#.Net, ASP.Net, etc etc)
  • Description: A very nicely laid out description of what you would like to see in the tutorial and perhaps what points you would like extra emphasis on. Please try to be very detailed in giving a description of what you want. If you post a description like ("i want html tutorial"), than we aren't going to spend the time to create a tutorial for you! Please, be very precise with what you want, and try your best to make what you write readable.
  • Contact(optional): This is an optional field that you can fill out if you'd like for me to contact you when your tutorial is completed or with any questions/concerns/information regarding your tutorial requested.
  • Other: Any other information you would like to have added to your reply in regards to the requested tutorial or questions that you have for me or the other forum users.

Tutorial Index(Updated: 5-7-09):
Below is a list of tutorials gathered together, ordered by type of scripting language. This is not a list of ALL the tutorials out there on these forums, so it might still be useful to search the forums if you can't find what you're looking for here. All credit for each tutorial is given to the author of the tutorials post.
**NOTE: This list is not yet completed in order. So for right now this index is just a list of tutorials put together. In the future these will become categorized.**

The List:
A:
*Note: This list is short as of right now but will be continuously growing, so please keep checking back for an index of the tutorials created to help you!*

Currently Requested Tutorials(Updated: 5-7-09):
Below is the current tutorials that have been requested thus far via this forum post. These are the tutorials that are in the works of being created or are in consideration as a good idea for one to be made in the future. Just because your tutorial request isn't listed below does not mean that it has been thrown out, it might just mean that we haven't gotten around to looking at it yet. Please be patient as this process could take some time, professional looking tutorials aren't simple!
The List:

• None as of 5-7-09
Joining the Tutorial Creation Group:
Are you interested in creating detailed and thorough tutorials to be posted and viewed on these forums? Would like to be assigned requests that are posted ,via this post, to write and complete in a professional manner? Then feel free to contact me describing your skills in web development and how you could be of help. Also, please tell me how much time you have available and how much you would like to help out.

Credits:
Thanks to all those that are viewing this post and for your contribution to making x10Hosting forums a better place for web development help. Thanks to the authors of all the afore mentioned tutorials, you have complete credit over all your posts and they are very appreciated.

Thanks to all,
Jeeter

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
This seems like quite an ambitious undertaking for a new member such as yourself!

Anyway, seems like a good idea, so I hope you persevere with it & finish the index & get lots of good suggestions for new tutorials from others.

By the way, "Updated: 5-7-08" & "None as of 5-7-08" - you might want to check what year we're in ;)

jeeter

Reaction score
This seems like quite an ambitious undertaking for a new member such as yourself!

Anyway, seems like a good idea, so I hope you persevere with it & finish the index & get lots of good suggestions for new tutorials from others.

By the way, "Updated: 5-7-08" & "None as of 5-7-08" - you might want to check what year we're in ;)

Thank you! Sorry about the error, living in the past I guess hehe.

jeeter

Reaction score
Script Language: Python

Description:
i just got an account on x10hosting
as http://kdmq.pcriot.com/
on plan #1
python won't work
can i have a tutorial on how
to make it work, like what header on the .py files
CHMOD .Htaccess etc.

Your .py files should be located in your CGI-BIN. So make sure that at the top of your page that will reference the .py file, you print these two statements:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
import cgi

You place the script in your cgi-bin directory and access it by pointing the browser to
http://kdgm.pcriot.com/cgi-bin/SCRIPT_NAME.py
Where SCRIPT_NAME is the name of your script.

Is this what you were looking for or did you have a separate problem? Please specify more detail if this doesn't cover it.

Last edited: