initial setup not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

christis

Reaction score
Could someone help me out? What am i doing wrong?
Thanks and im sorry if i made a stupid mistake

my domain is businessenglishvip.com
i set the DNS on the domain as 99.198.122.2
i created a new account with x10hosting (hi everyone)
i clicked on addon domain and configured that a businessenglishvip.com
i uploaded basic content (index.html etc) to the businessenglishvip.com ftp folder
i get an error every time i try to access the website http://www.businessenglishvip.com
the error states the following:

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the web site owner:
webmaster@businessenglishvip.com
It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.

If you are the web site owner, it is possible you have reached this page because:

• The IP address has changed.
  • There has been a server misconfiguration.
  • The site may have been moved to a different server.
If you are the owner of this website and were not expecting to see this page, please contact your hosting provider.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
When did you set up the domain?

EDIT: The DNS isn't an x10 IP. Set the nameservers to:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

~Callum

Last edited:

christis

Reaction score
i set up the domain today. the ip i entered in my domain config is the same as ns1.x10hosting.com

ping ns1.x10hosting.com
Pinging ns1.x10hosting.com [99.198.122.2] with 32 bytes of data:

ping businessenglishvip.com
Pinging businessenglishvip.com [99.198.122.2] with 32 bytes of data:

await response
thanks

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
"A" record to 99.198.122.2 XXXX wrong

"NS" record to 99.198.122.2 Correct

If you want to use A record then point your domain to your server`s IP. Tell me on which server you are?

Edit/Add:

Your Hosting Server is absolut, so point your domain to this ip ---> 69.175.121.74

Also your Hosting account is not linked with your forums account. Link it by doing these steps
Go to Account Panel http://x10hosting.com/control/login.php and login with email address (the email that you used while signup) and password.
Go to "Account" on TOP navigation, ----> Then Click on "forum account". You will get this message
You currently do not have a forum account linked to your client account. Swap forum usernames if you have an existing client account with an incorrect forum link.

Click on "You may swap usernames" link. Enter credentials of this forums account there and then click on "Swap forum usernames"

Note: Make sure that the email of client account and forums account is same, otherwise you will get an error.

Last edited:

christis

Reaction score
yes im on absolut, i changed to 69.175.121.74 as you said. i'll let you know in an hour or so if it work when the domain dns changes

thanks

christis

Reaction score
Pinging businessenglishvip.com [69.175.121.74] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Reply from 69.175.121.74: bytes=32 time=572ms TTL=44
Reply from 69.175.121.74: bytes=32 time=592ms TTL=44

i changed the a record to 69.175.121.74
i get the same weird cpanel error...

thanks

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the web site owner:
webmaster@businessenglishvip.com
It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.

If you are the web site owner, it is possible you have reached this page because:

• The IP address has changed.
  • There has been a server misconfiguration.
  • The site may have been moved to a different server.
If you are the owner of this website and were not expecting to see this page, please contact your hosting provider.

Note: Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.
About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.
About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the world's web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Please flush your dns, I'm able to see your site online just fine. It took a little bit for the dns to propagate.

Also, please link your forum and hosting accounts in your account panel. Otherwise, you'll be suspended for inactivity because they aren't linked. Remember to log into these forums here at least once every 31 days to keep the hosting active or you can buy the inactivity timer.

Last edited:

christis

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip you gave me about the forums.. I really need to make sure this works before worrying about that though..

I still can't access it. I tried a VPN and it worked. I'm guessing the DNS supplied is banned in China. Can i have another one that‘s not?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Dns propagation might take up to 48 hours. Give it a little more time. After that time is up, post back here if you still can't access your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.