installing a chat room

Status
Not open for further replies.

gar38

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me with this, I have paid someone to install a chat room on my site but he has contacted me with these problems:

"have installed the chat room but seem to have some issues. When I go to launch the admin controls, I get a white screen. In checking error logs on your server, I get the following:

ALERT - function within blacklist called: dl() (attacker '71.75.237.179', file '/home/gr38/public_html/ChatRoom/ChatRoomACP/index.php', line 11)

Not sure what that is telling me, perhaps your host can shed some light on it? Another thing to ask your host as well, is Ioncube installed on your server. I could not determine that. If it is not, they will need to install that as well."

So i need to get an answer back to him a,s,a,p about this, so could some one answer this for me?

jsobeck

Reaction score
Not sure about Ioncube, but have you upgraded to PHP version 2?

If not, login to your account panel at www.x10hosting.com/account and on the left side, request an upgrade to PHP version 2 (Intermediate).

GFXDude2010

Reaction score
It looks like when he tries to actually use the script as a chatroom, it's blocking him, via something in line 11 of that particular file/script. It'd be helpful if you could copy/paste that line here. Also, I'd recomend just using this chatroom script/files:

http://www.pcpin.com/

I've used it many times, and works great!

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Ioncube isnt installed by the looks of things.

Jesse

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me with this, I have paid someone to install a chat room on my site but he has contacted me with these problems:

"have installed the chat room but seem to have some issues. When I go to launch the admin controls, I get a white screen. In checking error logs on your server, I get the following:

ALERT - function within blacklist called: dl() (attacker '71.75.237.179', file '/home/gr38/public_html/ChatRoom/ChatRoomACP/index.php', line 11)

Not sure what that is telling me, perhaps your host can shed some light on it? Another thing to ask your host as well, is Ioncube installed on your server. I could not determine that. If it is not, they will need to install that as well."

So i need to get an answer back to him a,s,a,p about this, so could some one answer this for me?

If you want I could do it for you, just PM me. I will handle all the known problems in your account.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Jesse probably means well, however i'd recommend against giving login information out to anyone. Just not the best idea.

engel

Reaction score
It said that the function is blacklisted; I'm pretty sure you need to upgrade your PHP version.

Status
Not open for further replies.