Installing Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt122004

Reaction score
I need help installing my website. Here's my questions...

1. How do I install IPB?
2. Can I have an Example of what MSF and PHPbb2 look like?
3. I'm so confused, I love the look and feel of Cpanel, but how do I make the website? Please help!!!!

CheetahShrk

Reaction score
1.) You need to download IPB 1.3.1 which is the last free version of IPB from somewhere and if you download the full package, it contains a long doc on how to install IPB.
2.) www.phpbb.com to see how phpbb looks like
3.) To make a website you need to learn html, html is a needed thing but of course you could install a content management system(look in cpanel for em in Fantastico) if you don't want to learn anything special

shroomin

Reaction score
3.) To make a website you need to learn html, html is a needed thing but of course you could install a content management system(look in cpanel for em in Fantastico) if you don't want to learn anything special[/QUOTE]

Here are two great sites to help you out on learning to make a page.

First, is www.htmlgoodies.com This site is GREAT for people who know nothing, this guy will have you making pages in a couple hours.

Next for mass information on just about any programming/web development go here http://www.w3schools.com/

Alot of people like using frontpage or dreamweaver, but I wouldnt recommend it for new developers, for one, dreamweaver adds alot of code that you dont need into pages.. Secondly, you should LEARN how to do what your doing, or you will run into problems in the future when your trying to change/add custom things...

Chris

Reaction score
You have to pay for IPB. Well, at least in order to run it you need a license, of which you have to pay for. Yes, you can download and get it for free, but it is illegal. The only thing is we do not allow you to do this...

CheetahShrk

Reaction score
There is IPB 1.3.1 it is the last free version of IPB on the net(it was released free and is still free), anything higher then 1.3.1 is illegal if not payed for!

yhap2003

Reaction score
Matt122004 said:
THANK YOU! I'm going to use PHPBB2, but is IPB 1.3 allowed or not?

Also, I'm running into problems with Mambo! I hit publish, and than when I go to the website, this comes up: http://tlic.x10hosting.com/website/

Please help me.

I don't see anything wrong with the mambo, It's ok to me.

@CheetahShrk, well i know, i don't use phpbb i always like IPB, Phpbb2 is with extra mods, I think.

n4tec

Reaction score
yhap2003 said:
I don't see anything wrong with the mambo, It's ok to me.

@CheetahShrk, well i know, i don't use phpbb i always like IPB, Phpbb2 is with extra mods, I think.

I like phpbb too...

*4*

Matt122004

Reaction score
Where can I download IPB 1.3.1? And is it allowed? I would like it better if I could use IPB 1.3.1

Origin

Reaction score
You can't distribute versions of IPB.

Actually, IPB up until IPB 2.0.0 Final had a full trial base.

CheetahShrk

Reaction score
Umm, you do realize that IPB 1.3.1 is free of charge and can be given out with its original contents intact and nothing modified which I have the IPB 1.3.1 pack just as it was downloaded from IPS.

yhap2003

Reaction score
BrettFreeman, tx for the link. But you guys said that IPB lets you download it for free, I've searched the website and still can't find it to download.

BrettFreeman

Reaction score
It is because they have upgraded versions and no longer have the 1.3.1 link avaliable. I believe it is legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.