Installing perl modules

wyatt

Reaction score
Hello, I recently read on cPanels website about installing perl modules, but I can't find out how to get to the directories for doing so. Can you help me?

Wyatt

northe5

Banned
Reaction score
looks like the admin has took that bit off for the "free" community (dont know about paid) and i normally dont install anything off CPanel anyhow, all i use it for is phpmyadmin, mysql databases and adding domains, thats about it.

i dont know what Perl module your looking for but here you go http://www.cpan.org/modules/index.html

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Perl is not available on Free Hosting servers. (Neither is Python, if that was your next question.) The only server-side scripting language available to you is PHP. Perl and Python are enabled on Premium servers (and on VPS servers at the account owners' discretion).

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It shouldn't be -- it's likely a configuration miss, so I wouldn't count on it sticking around for any length of time.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Personal Opinion follows, which may or may not be x10's official stance on the matter: Actually, not entirely true -- it was due to issues in our previous server setup that we were unable to support perl/python/CGI. With our current setup, we can support these without the issues that arose on our previous setup (namely the inability to ensure the security of accounts, and the inability to monitor resource usage of these scripts -- both of which our current setup now fixes). I was under the understanding that these features were indeed enabled for a while, then we discovered such issues and likely more related to running perl/python scripts so it was temporarily disabled until a more stable and secure solution could be found. The only thing currently not supported (and likely will not be reenabled on free hosting) is ASP.NET support.

Last edited: