Installing Software, but having Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylorx1

Reaction score
Sorry, really bad title, but I don't know how to add my issue into the title without confusing everyone.

My Dilemma:

I am currently hosting 5+ websites on my iPage account, but just recent I tried installing SocialEngine 4 onto it. Turns out, iPage hasn't updated their SQL servers in forever and they don't support InnoDB, which SE4 runs off of. So I didn't want to completely switch hosts because quite frankly, i've never had any other issues with iPage until now. So I found x10Hosting, and they seemed pretty legit, and you guys have a great community so I went with you guys to get a database. After making my database, and going back to the installation I tried to install using my info:
mySQL Host: Tried localhost (like I found here), taylor.x10.mx (my domain that it shows at the top right), and taylor.x10hosting.com (like I read somewhere else on here..).
SQL Username: I made a user for this database, so I shouldn't have an issue
Password: I know my password..
Database: Know I got this right as well.

But during this portion of the installation I get this error:
2o4RL4g.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Taylor

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi Taylor, you should use localhost as the MySQL server hostname.

Can you confirm for me if you're using the full username of your MySQL user? (In the form CPANELUSERNAME_MYSQLUSERNAME)

The error itself suggests that it is not an issue with the credentials, but rather that the software is trying to use an invalid MySQL socket path. The correct path to the socket is: /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

It seems something is configured in the application to use /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock rather than the PHP default of /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock. Can you find anywhere in your application that this could be happening?

taylorx1

Reaction score
Hi Taylor, you should use localhost as the MySQL server hostname.

Can you confirm for me if you're using the full username of your MySQL user? (In the form CPANELUSERNAME_MYSQLUSERNAME)

The error itself suggests that it is not an issue with the credentials, but rather that the software is trying to use an invalid MySQL socket path. The correct path to the socket is: /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

It seems something is configured in the application to use /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock rather than the PHP default of /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock. Can you find anywhere in your application that this could be happening?
Yes, I forgot why I even coloured that portion out anyway.

Database: taylorx1_setg123
Username: taylorx1_taylor

And I didn't touch any of the script files. I have no SQL knowledge whatsoever, so I wouldn't mess with anything. All I did was change the write permissions like the script documentation said to.

Status
Not open for further replies.