Installing WordPress Manually

Reaction score
INSTALLING WORDPRESS Manually
What you Need: - WordPress Files - Filezilla -Database
Uploading Files
1. Extract the zip file that you downloaded to a folder on your computer 2. Open Filezilla and connect to your sites FTP Account (You can find this in your website control panel on your host) 3. Browse to the extracted files on your computer 4. Highlight all files and folders 5. Drag the highlighted files from Local Site to Remote Site Setting Up Your Database 1. Login to your website control panel 2. Find an icon with the word MySQL Databases or MySQL® Database Wizard 3. Create your Database
Installation
1. Navigate your website to the directory you uploaded the files to (If you uploaded it to public_html only browse to yoursite.com) 2. Click Create Configuration File 3. Enter your Database Details 4. Click Run Install 5. Enter the Information for your site 6. Click Install WordPress 7. Your website is now installed

celebrid

Reaction score
Thanks Pepper !
Also, i found a link to update your wordpress manually (if it´s needed) :
Code:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Updating_WordPress#Manual_Update

bluemoun

Reaction score
sorry but there seems to be something missing....1. Navigate your website to the directory you uploaded the files to (If you uploaded it to public_html only browse to yoursite.com) 2. Click Create Configuration File 3. Enter your Database Details 4. Click Run Install 5. Enter the Information for your site 6. Click Install WordPress 7. Your website is now installed

1- what website? i am trying to make one with wordpress. i have all the wp files under public html,,,cant see any "configuration file" anywhere,,,i am supposed to open the install.php file in my browser but the error is php not running....

tuxzilla

Reaction score
INSTALLING WORDPRESS Manually
What you Need: - WordPress Files - Filezilla -Database
Uploading Files
1. Extract the zip file that you downloaded to a folder on your computer 2. Open Filezilla and connect to your sites FTP Account (You can find this in your website control panel on your host) 3. Browse to the extracted files on your computer 4. Highlight all files and folders 5. Drag the highlighted files from Local Site to Remote Site Setting Up Your Database 1. Login to your website control panel 2. Find an icon with the word MySQL Databases or MySQL® Database Wizard 3. Create your Database
Installation
1. Navigate your website to the directory you uploaded the files to (If you uploaded it to public_html only browse to yoursite.com) 2. Click Create Configuration File 3. Enter your Database Details 4. Click Run Install 5. Enter the Information for your site 6. Click Install WordPress 7. Your website is now installed

tuxzilla

Reaction score
I am new to all this host & domain etc however I installed wordpress to x10hosting no problem, but when it comes to sign into wordpress so it installs what is my host please .