Intel Graphics Detection???

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
Ok, well the situation is, my friend did a clean sweep of his PC by installing XP Pro on it just to completely clear out everything.

The problem is his intel graphics 'card' was not installed with this. He doesn't have any of his original disc or anything(this PC was actually given to him and partially built). So essentially for graphics(using the dxdiag.exe tool), he has n/a listed for everything. And only directX 5 point something. I can't update directX without a graphics driver.

Intels site is no help as I couldn't find an auto detect for graphics drivers, and no one seems to know what his chipset is. All I remember is seeing the intel graphics accelerator thing in his tray before he reinstalled XP.

Also, my friend doesn't have internet, therefore I have to find and download the driver from my house, then bring it over on a flash drive, which makes this really hard.

Any ideas? Anyone? Any programs that I can download that will let me know his intel chipset? does CPU-Z tell me anything like that, even with no graphics driver installed?

kyuusei

Reaction score
Easiest way is to crack the case open, and look up the motherboard. Google the motherboard/chipset and find out which IGP it has and download those drivers.

CPU-Z should tell you the chipset of the motherboard, and usually thats enough to tell you which IGP it uses, but not always.

themcman1

Reaction score
As above, Google the motherboard name. This should give you several pages of information on the motherboard, and will tell you the integrated graphics.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
CPU-Z is an amazing program. Give that a shot if you can't find what you're looking for.

Last edited:

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll just bring CPU-Z over there and figure out what his MB is so I can find his graphics driver online. I think that part will actually be easy since Intel has older graphics drivers listed as chipsets.