Intense Basic Website Help NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aero~

Reaction score
well i logged into my cPanel correctly and of course im a noob to this stuff because it is my first time. I want to start building my website like as in putting the banner, links to different areas adding the theme yes I have a theme downloaded, how do I add it to the website, and also I already have my own domain how do I add it? I just want basic help on these main areas:

-Adding the theme

-Adding my domain

-Adding different pages to my website through links

-Adding my banner

Please help,
Thanks

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok lets start at the domain.

Please change the nameservers at your registrar to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. Then log in to cPanel and select parked domains. Add the domain there.

Next step is to get up a page. This all depends on what angle you are going to take. Are looking at getting into web development or just having a web page. if the later is the case then you might want to install a Content Managment System (CMS). Some of these can be found in cpanel under Fantastico. These systems are pre made easy to use and style web pages that you need very little if no programing know how. Depending on what type of website you require, you should look at the different offerings and read up a little on each.

Aero~

Reaction score
Now that I made it to my destination and was in the process of installing joomla look what it said to me.... :roflwtf:

Joomla v. 1.5
[/B]
"The installation can not be completed:- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain psstation.x10hosting.com, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain psstation.x10hosting.com (path="/home/aero/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
robots.txt

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.
"

Problems never leave me.....:bsflag:

Last edited:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Open up the .config file in Joomla and setup your account details in there.

Aero~

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't get what ur saying. Sorry. I'm installing Joomla from the Fantastic thing in the cPanel. I dont want to go to Joomla.com

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Ok, open up your file manager in cPanel and then look in your main directory and tell me what files are in your "public_html".

Status
Not open for further replies.